This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Percona
Percona
Hi, i just did a fresh install of the OS and Sentora, now i want to change MySQL 5.5 to Percona 5.5.

Last time i did this, it all failed.. Percona was upgraded, but i wasn't able to access Sentora after that.. 

Using Ubuntu 14.04
Thanks given by:
RE: Percona
It's probably not a good idea to install Percona with Sentora unless you really know what you are doing.
If you really want to do this I suggest looking first at Percona support and come back to Sentora Support with more Sentora specific questions.

On your question, probably you are missing config files and/or username and passwords, I'm not sure, you will also need to provide us logs and more details.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Well, not sure how percona works, or if it is even similar to mysql, but Sentora was built using mysql and it's core functionality relies on mysql commands/connections/etc. (Note: MariaDB has been used successfully.)
But as mentioned, you will need to check all your configs and settings to make them compatible with percona, if it's possible.

FYI: by switching from the default database server to another we will not be able to support you with your panel. We only support default installs as done by our official installers. There are just too many variables outside a default install that could pop up.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
When installing percona you likely changed the root password in the process and thus stopped sentora from accessing it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Yep that was exactly my problem... keeping the password the same and the upgrade was nice a smooth..
Thanks given by:
(10-14-2015, 11:43 PM)amaisonneuve Wrote: Yep that was exactly my problem... keeping the password the same and the upgrade was nice a smooth..

Just update the password?
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
When installing Percona it asks you for the root password, just put in the current MySQL root password from your current setup and it should work just fine. Smile
My geeky side: thefuzz.xyz | Photo & Video: fuzzymannerz.co.uk
Thanks given by: