This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Moving emails from old server to a new one
[Not Solved] Moving emails from old server to a new one
Hello, this is my first post over here since zpanel => Sentora transition.
Well, by now I have 2 zpanel installs into 2 different VPS on DigitalOcean running Ubuntu 12.04.5 X64.

The old one got hard bugged and I got no help with it. Just got white pages showing none of modules, MySQL getting down at every roundcube session and so on. So I gave up on him... Started a new one and I already migrate all domains, DBs and DNS directions to the new one.

The only thing that I don't know is how do I migrate up emails from the old one to the fresh set one.

Both of them are up to date, the old one is on zpanel.mydomain.com and the new is on z.mydomain.com.

I tried follow this tutorial (http://docs.zpanelcp.com/?node=59) but I got trouble into the domain thing. I dont want to move it from abc.com to xyz.com but from 123.com to 123.com yet in different servers.

The solution that I see is:
Create a 3rd server, set up zpanel all over again on it... config it into anydomain then move email from the first one to the 3rd and then do this last step just one more time but at this time from de 3rd to the 2nd.
Thanks given by:
[Not Solved] RE: Moving emails from old server to a new one
1. Sentora still not released. Still in beta.

2. If you migrated emails accounts setup then copy mail folder under

/var/zpanel/vmail

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS

Thanks given by: jntslvdrt
Hello Me. B, that's exactly my doubt.
I create mailboxes then copy /var/zpanel/vmail from old one to new one?
Anyway I'll give it a try.

By the way, since Sentora is based on zpanel and almost support team migrate to Sentora support it's allowed me to ask zpanel questions here? After Sentora release I'll definitely migrate

YES! That's it. Done!
I just did what Me.B told me. To create Mailboxes, copy var/zpanel/vmail folder, actually zip it from old server, download it in the new one, unzip it. In my case just transferring files didn't work. I had to fix up vmail folder permissions so I use chown -R vmail:mail /var/zpanel/vmail

Without this command I could not login into email. By creating other new users vmail inside folders could not be created too...

Everything is solved out. Heart
Thanks given by:
Doesn't bother us if you ask zpanel question as long we can help. We are here mainly because we love zpanel and want it to move on.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS

Thanks given by:
(09-13-2014, 05:18 AM)Me.B Wrote: Doesn't bother us if you ask zpanel question as long we can help. We are here mainly because we love zpanel and want it to move on.

M B

hello All,
i just have one basic queston, can you guide me how to access /var/zpanel/vmail? i would be very grateful
is it possible to do this with for example winscp?
Thanks given by:
(07-30-2019, 11:28 PM)dudidnb Wrote: hello All,
i just have one basic queston, can you guide me how to access /var/zpanel/vmail? i would be very grateful
is it possible to do this with for example winscp?

Yes, provided you access it using root and not an ftp account created within ZPanel.
-TGates - Head of Support

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Modules Maintained: 13 - Module Installs: 108k+

Find my support or modules helpful? Donate HERE
Get your domains using my affiliate link:
GoDaddy - Domains
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
help me, my mysql server keep shutting down dforthster 6 3,299 02-14-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: TGates
Setting up different mail server for one domain in zpanel david768 0 1,770 12-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Last Post: david768
SQL Error: MySQL server has gone away khussairiee 10 11,046 12-02-2016, 03:24 AM
Last Post: TGates