This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

postfix already installed in other server
postfix already installed in other server
Hello, I'm new here. 
I have a mail server running postfix. Can I use that postfix installation (that is working fine) with Sentora installed in another server?
Thanks
Carlos
Thanks given by:
RE: postfix already installed in other server
nope that would trigger a conflict.

Sentora have it's own postfix config files and that will break your current setup for sure.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
thanks for the answer.
Suppose that I don't care about my current config, but I still want to use the actual mail server installed outside de Sentora server. Can I config Sentora to use that mail server?
Carlos.
Thanks given by:
you can but you will need to hack a bit sentora. Also sentora installer will stop if you have postfix installed and overwrite any existing config.

So you will need to hack the installer to disable postfix check and remove all postfix setup config.

Notice any email box created in sentora won't be active, as you will keep the old config.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
thanks again!
Carlos
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Crash rsthomas 3 6 ,690 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Nigel