This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Emails sent without originating IP
Emails sent without originating IP
So, basically I have two servers, both running Sentora. The main one is serving up websites and our forum. I've got it behind Cloudflare because of DDoS threats/activity. Unfortunately, that doesn't protect our IP from outgoing emails generated from our forums. The second server is a small VPS I've been trying to set up to function as a SMTP for our outgoing email. I pretty much got it all to work, except one thing... It's passing on the IP in headers from the first server.

I'm not super experienced with all this. It's mostly been a learn-as-I-go-along situation. In fact I spent hours trying to make this work sans-Sentora and just installing Postfix and trying to config it. I couldn't get anything to work. It wasn't until I installed Sentora on the second server did I finally get emails to come through, except with an IP trail. I guess my question is... Is there a way for me to make my Sentora acting as our SMTP relay to omit the originating IP? I've read a few things about editing Postfix main.cf but I'm pretty confused because the cf Sentora makes has so much more going on.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: Emails sent without originating IP
Finally figured it out. If anyone ever runs into the same scenario as me, this did the trick...

https://integer13.wordpress.com/2013/01/...y-postfix/
Thanks given by: TGates

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Unable to receive emails ORiOn 16 33 ,414 09-13-2018, 05:00 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Not receiving emails testing 1 3 ,903 11-05-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: testing
Unable to Send Emails damanmokha 1 4 ,393 03-31-2017, 09:45 PM
Last Post: damanmokha