This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS for sentora panel subdomain
DNS for sentora panel subdomain
I have successfully setup sentora on my domain pocketmyneed.com
Also while signing up i had specified panel.pocketmyneed.com for sentora panel login
Now i need help setting up dns for this subdomain
I am using custom nameservers so will be using the sentora dns only
what records i need to add exactly to have this subdomain working?
I created a subdomain from domain management and used an existing home directory, also then i added a CNAME record for the same but then this domain points to the same place where pocketmyneed.com points and not to the sentora panel.
Please urgently help on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS for sentora panel subdomain
You set the DNS entry for Sentora during setup. That subdomain needs to be operational before installing Sentora. If it isn't working the fastest / easiest route I've found to fix it is to reinstall and go through the prompts correctly.
Thanks given by:
(09-14-2015, 02:45 AM)ThyRaven Wrote: You set the DNS entry for Sentora during setup.  That subdomain needs to be operational before installing Sentora.  If it isn't working the fastest / easiest route I've found to fix it is to reinstall and go through the prompts correctly.

As i said i am using custom nameservers and use the sentora dns and cannot use my registrar dns.
So how am i supposed to setup dns entry during setup ??
Thanks given by:
To my understanding after you have it installed you should be able to login with the server ip for sentora to setup the dns correctly. After you have setup sentora and signed in create a domain for you domain "pocketmyneed.com" and then create dns records for the domain. In the dns manger add a A records for "panel.pocketmyneed.com" and everything should work fine.

I should also note if not done already you do need to setup your ns1 and ns2 from your domain registrar and also point the domain to the created nameservers.

Do give time for it to update can take up to 24 hours for changes to show.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,049 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,184 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,615 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel