This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FTP and DNS?
FTP and DNS?
Hey guys im running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VPS. I need webCP to make my life easier so i decided to install zPanel but bluebrad from github pointed me here (big thx). I had a glance at FAQ, and its perfect. I have only two questions. 

First atm i use VSFTPD, can i just stop the service or do i have to actually delete it along with all configurations? I just dont want to delete anything if i dont know these will work for sure.

And second, more importand is DNS. I already tried to install and setup DNS server some time ago but i was always failing miserably as i have no clue what im doing. The only thing i understand about is what it is (from school) and how to create simple records like mail and subdomain for a website. When it comes to setup nameservers i have no idea how to do it. So any tutorial or something to help me understand or at least setup it to support sentora would be great. I dont like to do things blindly but im desperate for a nice CP.
Thanks given by: