This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SASL Problem
SASL Problem
Hi all,

So I have a little problem, my emails are working 100% from the webmail, and I can receive them fine in a mail client. The problem is when I send. I can send it to internal email mailboxes without a problem, the problem comes in when I need to send to another mail server. I get the relay access denied error. After some online research, I have been led to believe that this is caused because The remote client no being authenticated with the server to allow "same network" privileges. So I need SASL authentication enabled. Which is enabled in the mail .conf file already. So my problem that I face is that in Outlook, when I check the box "My Outgoing server requires authentication", the emails cant't be sent. So somewhere there is an error that is causing outlook not to authenticate the outgoing server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. My VPS's IP is not blacklisted.

If you require any logs please tell me so that I can post it Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: SASL Problem
Post the full error you got when you get denied relay instead of rushing to conclusions.

Dis you check that your server IP is not blacklisted?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: SASL Problem
Thanks for getting back to me,

I checked my servers IP on mxtoolbox and it's not blacklisted.

Outlook's Error message:
Server error: '554 5.7.1 <email address>: Relay access denied'

mail log: (I have taken out the ip's and other information I deem to be sensitive)
Sep 02 16:30:08 s10 postfix/smtpd[13073]: connect from xxxxxx.com[ip]
Sep 02 16:30:09 s10 postfix/smtpd[13073]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from xxxxxxxx.com[ip]: 554 5.7.1 <xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com>: Relay access denied; from=<xxxxxxxx@domain.com> to=<xxxxxxx@other_domain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<A4C000825>
Sep 02 16:30:11 s10 postfix/smtpd[13073]: disconnect from xxxxxx.com[ip]

Hope this helps you to identify me problem
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email problem Gmail and Outlook mares992 1 5 ,031 08-10-2017, 01:51 AM
Last Post: mares992
problem sending email from sentora fvalle_al 7 17 ,562 11-10-2016, 03:32 AM
Last Post: TGates
Problem with Outlook email submissions F5Host 1 5 ,640 09-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Last Post: shaylami