This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sustainability Suggestion
Sustainability Suggestion
Guys, can I make a simple suggestion to sustain this product long term? Sentora is a great product and there isn't anything out there free and unique like Sentora. There are a few that come close but nothing as well built. In order to provide enough funds to keep the project going and add higher level features to compete with other products and surpass other offerings, have you guys considered either charing for support subscriptions or enhanced features?

I personally have no problem either paying for support or an advanced version if that means more development and more features faster. Let's be honest here and admit that development hasn't progressed as fast as everyone would like - and this is no one's fault - it is just reality. If you had paid dedicated team of developers, this would go much faster correct?

Also, if you look at the marketplace, there isn't much that is as simple as Sentora that comes close to competing with CPANEL. The reason CPANEL is so advanced feature wise is because it has a team of paid dedicated developers. I personally will have no issues either paying a yearly subscription to use the product or to pay for advanced features. The reality is that very few people are going to volunteer donate or pay for support if it's free because let's face it - people are cheap aholes. 

Let's face reality here - everyone has bills to pay and time is money so why not find a way to raise money to increase development speed and features? I am sure most of us would not mind paying a small yearly fee or something along those lines to help support the product as long as you don't get into complex and annoying product keys or complex registration processes. 

I rarely need any support because I am so technical and can pretty much figure everything out so a paid support account has very little appeal to me personally. However, if you told me that if I paid for a higher level feature rich version, I would do it in a heartbeat if that meant getting more features faster. 

For example, I would love to see features where the end user can very easily manage applications and WordPress installations since WordPress is so popular. The market needs something between free and completely commercial. You guys could fill the void of being the open source product with a  paid feature rich version. 

John
Thanks given by:
RE: Sustainability Suggestion
Our thoughts on this were to use the Store which unfortunately has not yet been completed. The store would accommodate paid-for (and free) modules and themes created by the community with a portion of the sales to go directly to the project. The store would also become a central repository for ALL modules and themes and replace the current personal zppy repositories that are currently being used. The current zppy structure will remain so that people can use it to test and develop their new modules before they submit them to the store for staff review and release.

Basically making premium modules like Sentastico and any billing module for example, and custom themes available for purchase.

Sentastico module is a good example. For a small donation of say... $5 would have netted a LOT of money and would have made it easier to keep the packages updated and add more new ones. If you check my repository (http://zppy-repo.mach-hosting.com) you will see how many times it has been downloaded. (Sentastico with over 36,000 downloads and it's predecessor Zantastico with over 47,000 downloads) This roughly translates to over $415,000 of possible revenue for the project.

After doing the math, I think I'll check with the store developer ASAP and see what needs to be done to get it up and running.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: