This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

change database prefix?
change database prefix?
Hi,

I don't want my database prefix to be zadmin_

How can I change it to a different prefix or even make one without prefix?  I tried to use phpmyadmin but it doesn't have permission to create databases.
Thanks given by:
RE: change database prefix?
Plain and simple answer: You can't.

The database manager is designed to place the users name first in all DB entries so they stay organized. There are many reasons for doing so which I am not going to get into right now.

If you wish to use something different, then I suggest making another account with prefix (which would be the account name) you want to use and make the database on that account.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thanks;

I don't actually care what my database prefixes are called.  I made them something like zadmin_(random string)_application and that's fine.

The only reason for my question was because I was importing some data from a different database and it gave me some trouble because the two databases had different names -- however, I found a workaround using a script called mysqldumper.   Problem solved, and it doesn't matter to me anymore the prefix in my database.

Great application here, I've been playing around with some vps solutions and I highly prefer sentora over webmin and serverpilot.
Thanks given by: apinto
I see, ok! I'm glad you got it sorted and welcome to the Sentora community Smile
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: mistah_q

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,288 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,989 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Critical Error: [0100] - Unable to connect or authenticate to the Sentora database whatshisface77 1 3 ,921 07-31-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: whatshisface77