This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Emails not getting delivered
Emails not getting delivered
Hello,

I am using the server's email service and when I try to send email, it doesn't get delivered instantly to the recepient. Instead it goes into the spam folder after sometime. I checked using MXtoolbox and I found that my IP was blacklisted by some websites so how do I whitelist my IP ? Is there any solution to this problem ?
Thanks given by:
RE: Emails not getting delivered
Hello Pallindrome,
Just to clarify, from your report it seems emails ARE BEING delivered correctly, however th eserver is marking them as spam, that is not the same as a "not being delivered issue".
The above is correct?

However before posting again, please read this thread about How to deal with Spam Issues? I believe you will find help there (read till the end, the issues should be the same.

You can also try the following steps (taken from my post on another thread):
(04-14-2015, 09:43 PM)apinto Wrote: Make sure your ip is not blacklisted or with bad reputation.

Checking Senderbase (https://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?searc...38.182.138) does not look bad at all.

Are you sending to Gmail?
What is the reason gmail tells you for it going to spam? (please refer to: http://www.whatcounts.com/2012/03/gmail-...marketers/)

Does it only happens on Gmail?
One tool I found usefull is https://www.mail-tester.com/ , do a test and post back here the results url so we can check it better.

Try DKIM... might help...
Sometimes Gmail and Hotmail mark some IP ranges for unknown reasons (most related to previous owners spam reputation), when this happens there is little you can do, however I know of reports that sending email to multiple gmail address and marking the emails as "Not Spam" does help bringing your reputation back up (do this carefully or you might end up in a worse situation).

To remove your server from a Blacklist
- First you need to make sure the reason that got you blacklisted is fixed (you need to contact the blacklist in question regarding that information, however usually they do NOT provide you this information).

- Than you will contact the blacklist in question and ask them to remove your server (the process is different from list to list, so check on their websites.

- For Gmail there is NO KNOWN WAY to remove your server from their blacklist. In this case it will be better to change your IP address, but if gmail is receiving emails but going to spam you are NOT Blacklisted on Google servers, when blacklisted emails do not even appear on spam folder.
- Hotmail/Outlook can be contacted and sometimes they remove your server if the issue was fixed.

Hope this helps you Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 12:25 AM)apinto Wrote: Hello @[Pallindrome],
Just to clarify, from your report it seems emails ARE BEING delivered correctly, however th eserver is marking them as spam, that is not the same as a "not being delivered issue".
The above is correct?

However before posting again, please read this thread about How to deal with Spam Issues? I believe you will find help there (read till the end, the issues should be the same.

(04-14-2015, 09:43 PM)apinto Wrote: Make sure your ip is not blacklisted or with bad reputation.

Checking Senderbase (https://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?searc...38.182.138) does not look bad at all.

What is the reason gmail tells you for it going to spam? (please refer to: http://www.whatcounts.com/2012/03/gmail-...marketers/)

One tool I found usefull is https://www.mail-tester.com/ , do a test and post back here the results url so we can check it better.

Sometimes Gmail and Hotmail mark some IP ranges for unknown reasons (most related to previous owners spam reputation), when this happens there is little you can do, however I know of reports that sending email to multiple gmail address and marking the emails as "Not Spam" does help bringing your reputation back up (do this carefully or you might end up in a worse situation).

- First you need to make sure the reason that got you blacklisted is fixed (you need to contact the blacklist in question regarding that information, however usually they do NOT provide you this information).

- Than you will contact the blacklist in question and ask them to remove your server (the process is different from list to list, so check on their websites.

- For Gmail there is NO KNOWN WAY to remove your server from their blacklist. In this case it will be better to change your IP address, but if gmail is receiving emails but going to spam you are NOT Blacklisted on Google servers, when blacklisted emails do not even appear on spam folder.
- Hotmail/Outlook can be contacted and sometimes they remove your server if the issue was fixed.

Thank you apinto, I will try your suggested methods. I am having another doubt. Will changing my IP resolve the issue ? Will it help ? Is it possible to change my IP by contacting my service provider ?
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2015, 12:32 AM)Pallindrome Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 12:25 AM)apinto Wrote: Hello @[Pallindrome],
The above is correct?

Thank you @[apinto], I will try your suggested methods. I am having another doubt. Will changing my IP resolve the issue ? Will it help ? Is it possible to change my IP by contacting my service provider ?

Changing your IP MIGHT help if it is the IP that's blacklisted (and not the domain).
In some providers it is possible to change the IP address, others will require you to buy a new service, usually none will assure you that the IP is not blacklisted, however if you find yourself getting a blacklisted IP again you should switch provider.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Why can i not send emails from my site phabeon8 3 6 ,516 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Cannot receive emails from external domain davidlambda 3 8 ,943 10-18-2018, 01:15 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Cannot send emails vania902 2 6 ,308 03-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Last Post: TGates