This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Email backup and restore
Email backup and restore
Is there any way i can backup the emails for all my clients and then if i had to do a restore of them?
Thanks given by:
RE: Email backup and restore
Yes there is a way.
Backup the folder "/var/sentora/vmail"

You can run the command via SSH, this will backup the vmail folder to your /root user folder as "backup_vmail.tar.gz"
Code:
tar -czPf /root/backup_vmail.tar.gz /var/sentora/vmail

Hope this helps Wink
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
tar the whole emails is not the right solution. Think more about a differential backup solution, as a lot of clients will keep their email in inbox and content is changing a lot. It's a big problem.

If you want only to mirror it daily think about using rsync, but again you won't be able to hold more than a copy.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(07-31-2015, 06:56 AM)Me.B Wrote: tar the whole emails is not the right solution. Think more about a differential backup solution, as a lot of clients will keep their email in inbox and content is changing a lot. It's a big problem.

If you want only to mirror it daily think about using rsync, but again you won't be able to hold more than a copy.

M B

I do agree with you Me.B, however for some simple servers with low email traffic this is just enough.

Ideally you should backup email via another IMAP server, that would be perfect Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,817 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,301 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,782 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519