This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Protected Directories Module?
Protected Directories Module?
Hello, I am having some issues with this module. When I set it up to protect a directory, and setup a user account it doesn't seem to work properly. When I go to the directory that I protected all I get is an Error 403 page, without it asking for a username or password at all. I am assuming it should work where the modal comes up asking for a username and password, upon correct entry it would give you access. Thank you in advanced for your help, I appreciate it.
Thanks given by:
RE: Protected Directories Module?
Try and remove your cookies? then access again the folder?

I tested it and it worked. Could you explain the use name you used?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I went below to create the user. I have tried clearing browsing data, switching browsers, and using my phone. All get the same Error 403 page, I am not sure if it is the panel or if it is user error.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I have got it to work. I found out that you cannot secure both domains, you can only secure one domain at a time by adding them onto the file path.
Thanks given by:
Correct. You have to do it separately for each domain.
Since the files viewable/readable from the web are those found in /domain1_com/ folder. You can not do it for the /public_html/ folder as the files inside are not read (like trying to use same protection files for folders /domain1_com/ and /domain2_com/)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Everything is based on the "Protected Directory"

You protect one directory at a time. Then you can assign a completely different set of users to each protected directory.

If you want the same set of users across many protected directories then you would have to replicate them manually by adding new entries.

I rebuilt protected directories this way for maximum flexibility, for example you can protect two different directories inside the same domain folder with different credentials Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS Manager - Unable to find requested module! obrempong7 0 2 ,573 11-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Last Post: obrempong7
[Request] Lets encrypt Certificate manager Module. bubundas17 5 15 ,030 09-14-2018, 07:39 AM
Last Post: TGates
module=ftp_management not working BloodySky 7 14 ,960 08-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: TGates