This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Moved /var/sentora to /home/sentora. Created SymbolicLink, now get 403 forbidden.
Moved /var/sentora to /home/sentora. Created SymbolicLink, now get 403 forbidden.
I had Sentora running, with 1 domain, and made sure everything was working. Given the partitioning on the server, the default Sentora directory only had 49GB free, but the /Home has over 300GB free. I moved the /var/sentora directory to /home/sentora. I used "ln -s /home/sentora /var/sentora" to create my Symbolic Link. Now, when I try to browse to the website that was working before the move, I recieve a 403 Forbidden error.

I am assuming there is some simply fix for this, but I'm somewhat new to Linux, so I figured it would be quicker to ask the question. Also, I have an older Zpanel machine, with the same free space issue. My plan is that if I figure this one out, I would do the same to my older box. Thanks in advance...
Thanks given by:
RE: Moved /var/sentora to /home/sentora. Created SymbolicLink, now get 403 forbidden.
(07-28-2015, 01:51 AM)web@alderville.ca Wrote: I had Sentora running, with 1 domain, and made sure everything was working. Given the partitioning on the server, the default Sentora directory only had 49GB free, but the /Home has over 300GB free. I moved the /var/sentora directory to /home/sentora. I used "ln -s /home/sentora /var/sentora" to create my Symbolic Link. Now, when I try to browse to the website that was working before the move, I recieve a 403 Forbidden error.

I am assuming there is some simply fix for this, but I'm somewhat new to Linux, so I figured it would be quicker to ask the question. Also, I have an older Zpanel machine, with the same free space issue. My plan is that if I figure this one out, I would do the same to my older box. Thanks in advance...

Here is an update. I found the answer out on my own. I had to go to /home/sentora and run "chmod -R o+x ./" and the forbidden access message is gone. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
RE: Moved /var/sentora to /home/sentora. Created SymbolicLink, now get 403 forbidden.
Good for you! Glad you were able to find the answer to your problem Smile
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
I may have spoke too soon. The website is up and active, however I can't write while FTP'ing into the box. I have some backups that I want to remove, and I get...

COMMAND:> [7/28/2015 2:41:13 PM] DELE nerds_Jul-28-2015_020731.zip
[7/28/2015 2:41:13 PM] 550 nerds_Jul-28-2015_020731.zip: Permission denied
ERROR:>   [7/28/2015 2:41:13 PM] Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

I can't send a file (via FTP) either.

I had run (as root)  "chmod -R 775 ./" in my sentora directory, but that still didn't work. When I ran "chmod -R 777 ./" it now works, but I don't think it should be left that way, correct? I don't want to leave some kind of security hole.
Thanks given by:
Me.B can help you out better with permissions. I do know that if you moved the files directly on the server or using SSH as root that FTP will not have the proper permissions.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
No 777 is okay as long you use PHP as shipped and keep suhosin.

But we should improve it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,055 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,186 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,620 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel