This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Rouncube error conection IMAP
Rouncube error conection IMAP
Hi people

I have a issue in my server, when i try to login for any account, the webmail show this error "Conection error with the server IMAP", i was searching in the logs of rouncube and i see this

[27-Jul-2015 02:08:46 -0400]: IMAP Error: Login failed for cobros1@hosting.org from 127.0.0.1. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: * BYE Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. in /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /etc/apps/webmail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login

The only change recently is of version PHP, 5.4 to 5.5 from centos oficial to remi repo. The port for IMAP(143) and POP3(110) is open.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advanced
Thanks given by:
RE: Rouncube error conection IMAP
Bingo you changed PHP but.... the remi repo seem don't ship php IMAP extension that roundcube need.

That's it.

I never backed those changes and now you see why. When upgrading PHP you need to ensure you have ALL the existing packages included in the new repos and that's no so easy!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2015, 12:18 AM)Me.B Wrote: Bingo you changed PHP but.... the remi repo seem don't ship php IMAP extension that roundcube need.

That's it.

I never backed those changes and now you see why. When upgrading PHP you need to ensure you have ALL the existing packages included in the new repos and that's no so easy!

M B

Thanks for your response

I searched in the remi repo and found this extension...

Instalado:

php55-php-imap.x86_64 0:5.5.27-1.el7.remi

Finally restart the webserver but the error still occurs, what else?, any other extension needed?

Best regards
Thanks given by:
Check the logs for error. likely another extension is missing here.

It's a complicated issue and never tested it that either plan to.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(07-29-2015, 12:53 AM)Me.B Wrote: Check the logs for error. likely another extension is missing here.

It's a complicated issue and never tested it that either plan to.

M B

Thank you for you support, finally, the problem was about the access to the folder "vmail", where sentora save the mailboxes.
Thanks given by:
And how u fix this access for "vmail" directory? I have too this error. When i create new Mailbox, new folder in "var/sentora/vmail/" doesnt created. How i can fix this issue?

Here is error log from "var/sentora/logs/rounduce/errors"
[09-May-2016 21:55:39 +0200]: IMAP Error: Login failed for 2@inspire-design.cz from 78.102.134.28. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Authentication failed. in /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /etc/apps/webmail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)

Thanks for any ideas or help. Have a nice rest of the day.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,395 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars
suhosin.session.encrypt error With Https MET4LG0D 7 28 ,174 04-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Dovecot Error Help Please! Feilding Weather 2 7 ,537 03-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Last Post: TGates