This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

how to avoid IP redirecting to panel?
how to avoid IP redirecting to panel?
Hi.

I have recently installed sentora on my vps server. I had some issues trying to run gnu mailman but I already scratched that and found another solution.

I have correctly installed sentora on its own subdomain (panel.example.com). However, whenever anyone types the ip address of my server, it directs them right to the sentora panel login page. I don't want that. Is there any solution to this?

This is my /etc/hosts

Code:
# Generated by SolusVM
127.0.0.1       localhost localhost.localdomain
::1     localhost localhost.localdomain
71.4.803.688     panel.example.cl
127.0.0.1 panel.example.cl
127.0.0.1 autoreply.panel.example.cl

I tried to edit panel.example.cl on line three to just example.cl, but nothing changed.

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks given by:
RE: how to avoid IP redirecting to panel?
add a .htacces on the panel root ( we actually have one ) and deny access by IP or redirect if you wish.

That would do it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2015, 12:17 AM)Me.B Wrote: add a .htacces on the panel root ( we actually have one ) and deny access by IP or redirect if you wish.

That would do it.

M B

I'd really like to know where the panel root is located.
Thanks given by:
/etc/sentora/panel/
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
https without certificate redirects to panel iraqiboy90 10 19 ,706 02-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,780 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1
PLZ Help me install ssl in my own VPS Centos7 Sentora panel younessesoft 1 3 ,931 05-26-2020, 07:34 PM
Last Post: 5050