This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Can't connect to server " Timed Out"
Can't connect to server " Timed Out"
Hello,
this is NOT Sentora related, I just wanted some advice and being a active forum I decided to post here.

On my VPS I can't send emails to one server (lusodigital.net 83.96.162.35), I mean, it is just that server that I found at the moment.

Troubleshooting the issue I found it was not related to the email, I can't even ping the server neither the IP.

I contacted lusodigital.net and they told me ping commands are blocked (anyways I can ping from my office computer...), they said it is likely a routing issue and it is not their responsibility.

Anyone has some insight on how to troubleshoot this? I would really like to understand what is wrong.

Here are some testing i've done:
  • Ping from my VPS = timeout

• Ping from other places = 100% OK
  • Send mail from VPS (sentora-postfix) I receive: (connect to lusodigital.net[83.96.162.35]:25: Connection timed out)

• Send mail (gmail) works 100% OK
Thank you!!!
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
RE: Can't connect to server " Timed Out"
(06-18-2015, 03:20 AM)apinto Wrote: Hello,
this is NOT Sentora related, I just wanted some advice and being a active forum I decided to post here.

On my VPS I can't send emails to one server (lusodigital.net 83.96.162.35), I mean, it is just that server that I found at the moment.

Troubleshooting the issue I found it was not related to the email, I can't even ping the server neither the IP.

I contacted lusodigital.net and they told me ping commands are blocked (anyways I can ping from my office computer...), they said it is likely a routing issue and it is not their responsibility.

Anyone has some insight on how to troubleshoot this? I would really like to understand what is wrong.

Here are some testing i've done:

• Ping from my VPS = timeout

• Ping from other places = 100% OK
  • Send mail from VPS (sentora-postfix) I receive: (connect to lusodigital.net[83.96.162.35]:25: Connection timed out)

• Send mail (gmail) works 100% OK
Thank you!!!

It's likely your DNS setup , the refresh rate, you might have it set too high.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ZGOn...authuser=0

Side note : you need to close your ports 
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ZGOn...authuser=0
Thanks given by: apinto
Thank you for your help trojanspike
The DNS?
But I try to ping directly the IP address.

I'm not saying you are not right, in just trying to understand how it works Smile
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
UPDATE: lusodigital.net is NOT my domain, I have no control over it.
I had a client telling me he could not send emails to them, than I checked and found that not even Ping worked.

And yes, they need to look at those ports.

Also, trojanspike you can't ping them either?
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Have you thought about adding another NameServer , I'm not too sure of your set up - can just give some ideas of what can be causing it to be slow on the initial hit
Thanks given by:
I have a VPS (lets call it myserver) and there is another server (lusodigital) that I do not have any control.

When I try to ping, send mail, or any other communication from myserver to lusodigital, it fails (timeout).

On myserver I'm using CloudFlare as DNS.

My server is ctrl.vanguardly.com
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
It can be pinged but on the first one there's a delay - asif is doesn't know what to do on the initial hit.

It could be something to do with this RackStar : http://www.rackstar.net/en/products , these links are even broken.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ZGOn...Ew2TFh2QjQ
Thanks given by:
may be it's more over security rules here like port 25 & ping dopped on firewall?

Try sending email using another port let's say 29 if you have and check if it will work. You already have an agressive ISP as they block ping and likely more.

DNS TTLS won't cause such issues. Drop off those dns related and use telnet/command line to try to send email the old way to see if you already can see the welcome banner from the other side, that would get DNS off the table easily.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I'm a bit confused...

lusodigital.net is NOT my server, neither my isp. It is just one server to were I can't send any communication.
I can't change anything there (on lusodigital.net).

I just want to understand what is blocking the communication from ctrl.vanguardly.com to lusodigital.net.

From gmail I can send email to lusodigital.net
From my home server I can send email and ping lusodigital.net
From ctrl.vanguardly.com I- can't - send mail neither ping lusodigital.net
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
It's out of your hands then. They likely already know & maybe want it that way?
Thanks given by: apinto

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Status Monitor rsthomas 5 14 ,793 05-15-2019, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Ron-e
Show us ya.......... home server setup. Nigel 34 122 ,920 04-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Me.B
(SOLVE)Transfer full website with MySQL / WordPress from one server to another patthe 1 6 ,319 11-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Me.B