This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MySQL Hostname
MySQL Hostname
Hello, I am new to this having been on 1and1 hosting for a while. Idiot steps might be needed lol

I am trying to install opencart on a sub domain, everything so far was going well.

I have created a MySQL database and a user that is linked to the database.

I have gone to the landing page to set things up and I get:

"Error: Could not connect to the database please make sure the database server, username and password is correct!"
Please enter your database connection details.
Database Driver: MySQL (Also tried MySQLi)
* Database Host:  http://MYDOMAIN.CO.UK (also tried my servers ip address, the public/external one not its 192)
* User: [Username I created]
Password: [Password I created for user above]
* Database Name: zadmin_dbblahblahblah (not really blahblahblah just a filler)
Database Prefix: oc_

All the correct ports have been opened (Very first thing I did BEFORE installing Sentora, knowing exactly what I would be hosting)

I am probably missing something or fudging something up, so hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge will be able to help me Smile

Just in case it is relevant the Server is on the same local network as my computer but I have edited the hosts file on my computer to reflect this (didnt even need google to help me with that go me! lol)

Thanks in advance for any help, and I appologise for any dead feelings you may be left with for reading/answering probably a basic question lol
I would buy whoever helps me with this a pint, but you would have to be in the Blackpool area of the UK lol!
Thanks given by:
RE: MySQL Hostname
Database Host: is likely:
Code:
localhost

Hope this helps Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(06-06-2015, 12:14 AM)apinto Wrote: Database Host: is likely:

Code:
localhost

Hope this helps Smile

I have just tired that Confused Unfortunately it just makes the page disappear altogether. Sad
Thanks given by:
localhost should work, I mean, must work...
127.0.0.1 doesnt work either?

If it doesnt work you have some other misconfig on OpenCart or the server itself.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: Canderson
(06-06-2015, 12:45 AM)apinto Wrote: localhost should work, I mean, must work...

If it doesnt work you have some other misconfig on OpenCart or the server itself.

Nope goes blank again I press continue and the page goes white.

cant see it being opencart tbh.

any ideas? Confused is there something I need to configure with MySQL before trying to connect to the database?

I have very very limited experience with MySQL Can you tell? lol

[OFF TOPIC]Up until a few month ago I was semi afraid of it because I had been taught by an admin I used to work for "Never ever ever go into it its confusing and if you do the wrong thing you will break the whole system" now I am using it I am thinking hmm yea its just one giant database why dont you back it up?
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2015, 12:45 AM)apinto Wrote: localhost should work, I mean, must work...

Just an update, incase there is anyone as dense as me reading through ever.

I reinstalled CentOS again, did all the OS updates... again, Firewall..... again... then installed Sentora..... again lol then for some reason it worked I did nothing different but for some reason, it worked lol

Probably somewhere in something installing it missed a file or two? Dont know however the good news is ITS ALIVE!!! Mwahahahahahahhahaha

Thanks for your help @apinto, it was your suggestion of a misconfiguration that lead me to reinstall the lot lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,975 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,711 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator
MySQL remote access... pixelbat 11 38 ,275 05-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: upendra.sahu1990@gmail.com