This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wordpress problem running on Sentora
Wordpress problem running on Sentora
Hello, i have a big problem with my wordpress on sentora (ubuntu vps) i move my wordpress site from another host to my own but i think have a problem with a rights. i can make a update, i can make new installation of plugin and my wordpress is not communicate with folders and files. where is the problem?

(sorry for my english)
Thanks given by:
RE: Wordpress problem running on Sentora
djgelogr Welcome to Sentora Smile

Regarding your issue we need more detailed information.

WordPress works perfectly with Sentora (I have dozens of WordPress sites on my Sentora VPS, also Ubuntu).

Some basic questions are:
- Did you moved the Database?
- Have you changed the wp-config.php (or any other file that has this information) to match the details of the new server?
- Have you created the database on the Sentora Account?

Also, please explain what error are you getting, I could not understand anything from your description.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: djgelogr
(05-28-2015, 10:31 PM)apinto Wrote: @[djgelogr] Welcome to Sentora Smile

Regarding your issue we need more detailed information.

WordPress works perfectly with Sentora (I have dozens of WordPress sites on my Sentora VPS, also Ubuntu).

Some basic questions are:
- Did you moved the Database?
- Have you changed the wp-config.php (or any other file that has this information) to match the details of the new server?
- Have you created the database on the Sentora Account?

Also, please explain what error are you getting, I could not understand anything from your description.

Thank you very much apinto.
I think my problem is permissions (chmod) i have all directories to 755 and all files to 644 but all my plugins and "wordpress updates plugin" is not working stable. see the screenshots below. :/

Quote:Cannot write to the secure.htaccess file. Cause: file Permission or file Ownership problem.

Cannot write to the default.htaccess file. Cause: file Permission or file Ownership problem.
Cannot write to the wpadmin-secure.htaccess file. Cause: file Permission or file Ownership problem.

the problem is from apache? the problem is from wordpress? (to another host my website there worked well)
**: i use a SSH/SFTP plugin and my plugins is updated succesfully! :/ i found the problem (maybe) if the chmod 755 or 644 the wordpress is not have a permisions to make something but only with chmod 777 (on ftp mode) with ssh have a "onwership permission" how a fix that?
Thanks given by:
djgelogr, if you uploaded your files via SSH/SFTP probably you did it as a useer thats not www-data (apache user on Ubuntu).

You need to change the owner/group to www-data, to avoid this you should upload via FTP as it setup the correct user/group automatically.

If you do not know how to do that, there is the command (run the command as root or use sudo):
Code:
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/sentora/hostdata

Hope this helps.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: djgelogr
i have the same problem with sentora on centos 6.5 how to fix it? the wordpress not working well on sentora 1.0.0
help me plz
Thanks given by:
(07-24-2015, 11:11 AM)rahmat Wrote: i have the same problem with sentora on centos 6.5 how to fix it? the wordpress not working well on sentora 1.0.0
help me plz

Hello rahmat if you have the same problem use the solution provided (chmod, it shall solve it).

To be clear, WordPress works perfectly with Sentora without any problems. If you have issues it is because of a misconfiguration.

Can you please post what error you have?
Thank you
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
i have re-install sentora ...
now i have problem PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/suhosin.so
could you tell me how to resolv it?
thq
Thanks given by:
Just reinstall Sentora... It should not happen on a default install.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
OK then what about trying to patch suhosin.

This will install it again:

https://github.com/MBlagui/sentora-insta...n_patch.sh

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: apinto

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,055 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,186 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,620 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel