This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

how do i create Folder outside document root
how do i create Folder outside document root
Hello i wonder how i can create a folder outside document root so elgg can be installed i have tried for 2 days now and i'm going nuts really soon Tongue
Thanks given by:
RE: how do i create Folder outside document root
Hello alandicade,
You want to access a folder outside the document root?
You will need to change either the DocumentRoot to a level below or the OpenBaseDir to a level above.
The first option is probably the most correct way to do it.

Please check this thread and my reply (MySupport Addon)
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...8#pid10168
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Hello i tried that but it did not work the thing is that elgg needs a directory outside public_html and when i try that the script cant get access to that folder if i try to change the DocumentRoot to a level below i get error 403 on my domain
Thanks given by:
You just have to put elgg inside the public_html folder.

Like this:
/var/sentora/hostdata/ACCOUNT/elggdomain_tld/public_html/public_html

If you do not really want to do this (the only issue is the name repetition, but that's elgg fault as they should never use public_html... but that's another story) your only course of action is to change the OpenBaseDir on that VHost. I do not recommend this but its the only alternative.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Apinto is correct, one thing to try is to go to Module Admin >Apache Config >Override A Virtual Host >select domain >un-tick 'OpenBaseDir' and save - wait ~5mins for daemon to run and update the vhost for that domain.
This disables the OpenBaseDir restriction for that domain. This poses a possible security flaw if the site gets hacked, but you will be able to run elgg as they suggest.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: apinto

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,470 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates
I want to create a subdomain using XMWS phuong112 1 4 ,337 11-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Last Post: TGates
Wordpress "Temp Folder Missing" Issue NickNeverSleeps 5 12 ,567 12-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: ngeluis@gmail.com