This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Server backup
Server backup
Hi

I am running Sentora for the first time and my linux knowlegde is limited.

I have managed to get everything set up and working just fine. Running it on a test domain host43.co.uk - Using this as a project more than anything to start of with.

What i wanted to know is Does Sentora have any type of backup built in for example like Cpanel has Xbackup. Does sentora offer anything like this where if i make a mistake on a web site i can take it back 24 hours ?

The section question is, What is the best way to install a backup for example if this server goes down for any reason i can have it back up and running asap? what would the best options be? For example another VDS with the same details being clone each evening so if i have a problem the worse case is i can go back to the night before on the new hardware.

Thank You for your help and time for reading this

Thank You
Mason64

P.S - i have been a web host for over 10 years on managed plans now i want to use this as a test get used to all the problems customers may have and go with my own hardware and unmanaged.
Thanks given by:
RE: Server backup
You best option is to do a entire VPS backup.

Also, please check this thread as it is the same question, read all the replies.

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1268
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(05-13-2015, 04:49 AM)apinto Wrote: You best option is to do a entire VPS backup.

Also, please check this thread as it is the same question, read all the replies.

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1268

Hi 

Thanks for the help. Am happy to have another VPS if so and clone them over. 

I will read the other thread thank you
Thanks given by:
Doesnt your VPS provide you with automated backups?
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
The best way depend on your target first and the cost you are willing to pay.

Do you plan to have a mirroging backup for a fail over ( complex and costly!)?

Or you want mainly to safe guard your data so you can rebuild the server and allow some hours down time.

Solution will depend on scenarios you pick. For the second you will mainly dump users files ( you can use rsync for mirroring to a remote backup server/space) and take a dump of db's. Notice mirroring will mirror hacked files or corrupted.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Server Crash rsthomas 3 6 ,737 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Server Vs. Workstation zHostingSolutions 4 7 ,914 09-14-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Old issue on Daily Backup iraqiboy90 24 113 ,123 12-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: conglynina