This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cannot access panel, domain or ssh
Cannot access panel, domain or ssh
I've installed Sentora on fresh minimal install of CentOS 7 on VPS. After installing and rebooting I now get timeouts when trying to connect to panel subdomain or site domain. I am also no longer able to connect via ssh. When testing the ports 80 and 22 with external service it reports them as closed. Why would the ports be closed by default and how can I fix this?
Thanks given by:
RE: Cannot access panel, domain or ssh
Hello nospoon,

Does it work when you SSH using the IP address of the VPS?
Can yuu ping the VPS IP address?

Considering your description (fresh VPS with only default sentora installed), there is no reason for ports 80 or 22 to be closed; The VPS can be down.

Please check the above questions and provide more information for us to be able to help you.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
did you check if firewalld service is still running?

sentora install usually disable it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(04-24-2015, 02:21 AM)apinto Wrote: Hello nospoon,

Does it work when you SSH using the IP address of the VPS?
Can yuu ping the VPS IP address?

Considering your description (fresh VPS with only default sentora installed), there is no reason for ports 80 or 22 to be closed; The VPS can be down.

Please check the above questions and provide more information for us to be able to help you.

I cannot ping the IP, it gives request timeout. 
I only used IP for ssh, it worked after CentOS installation and broke just after installing the panel. If any firewall is running then only if it got installed with Sentora, as I did literally no changes to the server apart from running the installation script, and I think minimal install doesn't include a firewall.

Below is what I get from iptables -L 

Code:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
P.S.
I know that the server is up because I can ssh to it via generated session from VPS control panel (different IP, I believe it acts like a localhost access). Rebooting did not help.
Thanks given by:
Minimal install comes with firewallD instead of iptables.

I did many tests/live installs on centos 7 and never faced that. Is this is a VPS?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(04-24-2015, 06:26 AM)Me.B Wrote: Minimal install comes with firewallD instead of iptables.

I did many tests/live installs on centos 7 and never faced that. Is this is a VPS?

M B

Yes, it's a VPS from ServersNV.
It doesn't look like firewallD is installed.
I've also noticed that the server lost connection to the external network, I cannot ping anything from the server.
Thanks given by:
I just did a fresh install and noticed, that I can access panel login page before accepting to restart the server at the end of installation. After rebooting - it's gone.
Thanks given by:
I found the source of the problem or at least part of it.
For some reason installation script breaks the network scripts responsible for setting up network interfaces.
Thanks given by:
(04-24-2015, 06:48 PM)nospoon Wrote: I found the source of the problem or at least part of it.
For some reason installation script breaks the network scripts responsible for setting up network interfaces.

This don't happen on standard installs. We noticed that some VPS providers OVER CUSTIMISE their image to suit their own goals. We did a lot of testing on digital ocean and we had no issues there!

We might try to tweak it if you give more further information and if the fix won't impact other plateforms.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I tried on another VPS and I had the same problem (I'm kind of irritated that the second provider uses the same system images). It seems to be an issue with the way the network interfaces are provisioned by VPS providers. I'll try to give you as much information as I can, maybe you'll be able to figure something out.

This is my ifconfig output:
Code:
lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 16436
       inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
       inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
       loop  txqueuelen 0  (Local Loopback)
       RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
       RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
       TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
       TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

venet0: flags=211<UP,BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP>  mtu 1500
       inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.255.255.255  broadcast 0.0.0.0  destination 127.0.0.1
       inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:900:4321:1234:b6dc:64b5  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x0<global>
       inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:900:4321:1234:fc4d:65d6  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x0<global>
       inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:900:4321:1234:5c63:ecd1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x0<global>
       inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:900:4321:1234:a948:f959  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x0<global>
       inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:900:4321:1234:180d:7b9a  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x0<global>
       unspec 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00  txqueuelen 0  (UNSPEC)
       RX packets 9967  bytes 14001039 (13.3 MiB)
       RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
       TX packets 5376  bytes 365850 (357.2 KiB)
       TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

venet0:0: flags=211<UP,BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP>  mtu 1500
       inet xx.xx.168.207  netmask 255.255.255.255  broadcast xx.xx.168.207  destination xx.xx.168.207
       unspec 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00  txqueuelen 0  (UNSPEC)
(I covered the IP address for safety)

After installing the panel and rebooting the venet0:0 interface doesn't go up.

If I do 
ifdown venet0 
and then
ifup venet0

I get the following error:
Code:
arping: Device venet0 not available.
Determining if ip address 88.150.168.207 is already in use for device venet0...
arping: Device venet0 not available.
ERROR    : [/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-aliases] Error, some other host already uses address xx.xx.168.207.

I did some more research and it looks like an issue with OpenVZ. It could be that the setup scripts are having issue with recognizing interface with ":" in the name. I just don't know what it has to do with Sentora installation script.

In attachment I've posted contents of files for venet0 and venet0:0 interfaces from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

If there are any more files/configs that you need please let me know.

Attached Files
.txt   ifcfg-venet0.txt (Size: 351 bytes / Downloads: 0)
.txt   ifcfg-venet0_0.txt (Size: 76 bytes / Downloads: 2)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,157 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
https without certificate redirects to panel iraqiboy90 10 19 ,607 02-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
SSH Access rsthomas 2 5 ,048 01-06-2021, 12:14 AM
Last Post: rsthomas