This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Forward one email account to multiple destinations
Forward one email account to multiple destinations
Greetings,
When I add a Email Forward (On Sentora Home / Mail / Forwards ) it does not let me use the same account again.

I need to, for example:
account_a@domain.tld -> Forward To: account_b@domain.tld
account_a@domain.tld -> Forward To: account_c@domain.tld

Basically I want to have one account that is sent to multiple users (in this case it is the sales@ to be sent to various employees)

Is there any tweak/module I can use to easily make this work?
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
RE: Forward one email account to multiple destinations
@UP
Simplest way:
login into root mysql
go to sentora->sentora_postfix->alias
choose your desired mailbox to forward and edit:
http://postimg.org/image/983r30dqh/
Hope this will help

Sentora team should add this to feature...
Thanks given by: apinto
Thank You kostek,
I've been doing it exactly like you explained (thank you, its a great explanation).

But I was looking for a interface feature, I can't request my clients to do this themselves Smile

Anyways, Thank you!!
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
apinto I'm glad I could help. If you know a little PHP, you can add this feature alone, or try ask the developers of sentora to add such a feature.
Thanks given by:
You can easely do with roudcube and the managesieve filter. Login with the sales account and add new rules to forward the mail to as many as you want
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2015, 09:09 AM)bbspike Wrote: You can easely do with roudcube and the managesieve filter. Login with the sales account and add new rules to forward the mail to as many as you want

It is not the same.
I'm working on a module to do this.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 03:01 AM)apinto Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 09:09 AM)bbspike Wrote: You can easely do with roudcube and the managesieve filter. Login with the sales account and add new rules to forward the mail to as many as you want

It is not the same.
I'm working on a module to do this.

What do you mean it isnot the same. It does exactly what you want.

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
Actually the headers are modified and the message is sent as FW:
It's not the same as a alias.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(07-12-2015, 07:45 AM)apinto Wrote: Actually the headers are modified and the message is sent as FW:
It's not the same as a alias.

Thats strange, i use this a lot and don't haven te FW: in it.

Thanks given by:
(06-18-2015, 08:29 PM)kostek Wrote: @UP
Simplest way:
login into root mysql
go to sentora->sentora_postfix->alias
choose your desired mailbox to forward and edit:
http://postimg.org/image/983r30dqh/
Hope this will help

Sentora team should add this to feature...

Thanks for this.

Although successful to forward, it became complicated to 'delete' the user ( main user account related to the domain, not the mailbox ) since it would just 'fail' on removing this mailbox, and then left a whole lot of mismashed records in the database relating to the username while removing the user. Further complication was that this user or admin email related to the user could no longer be added on the live database until everything was slowly manually removed by editing db rows.

Just wanted to caution anyone else trying to do this Smile

Looking forward to your module, apinto!

Also -- is there a reason why forwards require a mailbox to be created as a first step with a password and everything? Why not just allow a user@domain forwarding out like many other control panels do -- as simple as an alias.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,815 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,290 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,773 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519