This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

I cannot install centora on ubuntu 14.04
I cannot install centora on ubuntu 14.04
After download and install, script stop asking if i want to restart or not, I can´t press any key.

I have to turn off computer.

after that ubuntu start in shell, ask for panel login. I can login with my ubuntu user and pass, but I DONT HAVE any eth interface, nothing more works, I cant login in gnome. I have to reeinstall, I make this 3 times.
Thanks given by:
RE: I cannot install centora on ubuntu 14.04
What template exactly you use minimal or other one? What commands you do use?
Thanks given by:
(04-18-2015, 07:58 PM)Account_Own Wrote: What template exactly you use minimal or other one? What commands you do use?

I try both, but I have lots of error.

I make sudo -i

sudo pass

and afer

1st try and second (berore reinstall ubuntu)

Code:
bash <(curl -L -Ss http://sentora.org/install)

3rd try

Code:
bash <(curl -L -Ss https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sentora/sentora-installers/master/sentora_install.sh)
Thanks given by:
Can you pass me the details of a clean Ubuntu 14.04 ? Give me the root passwords via pm so i can take a look this for you (free)
Thanks given by:
As per the system requirements in the docs, a minimal version of Ubuntu is required. As you talk about Gnome, it sounds like you tried installing this on a non-minimal, desktop install.
Before posting, update your profile with your OS, Sentora version and server type!

Thanks given by:
If you can access Sentora login (and it askes for password) it means sentora was installed.
You can see all the sentora passwords on your /root/passwords.txt
These same passwords were also displayed on the install script, right before the script request you to reboot.

Also take this in consideration:
(04-18-2015, 10:44 PM)jacobg830 Wrote: As per the system requirements in the docs, a minimal version of Ubuntu is required. As you talk about Gnome, it sounds like you tried installing this on a non-minimal, desktop install.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
We had a lot of reports of failing install under Ubuntu 14 desktop.

You should use Ubuntu server MINIMAL install as required. Any other installs templates are not tested and may face issues we don't support.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Many thanks for all your answers.
I´m using UBUNTU 14.04.02 LTS desktop, not server, maybe thr problem is that. i will try with ubuntu server.
Thanks given by:
(04-20-2015, 05:45 PM)Rhandy Wrote: Many thanks for all your answers.
I´m using UBUNTU 14.04.02 LTS desktop, not server, maybe thr problem is that. i will try with ubuntu server.

Use the server one not the desktop.. i have installed on ubuntu almost everything and tested it.. it works really nice..
Thanks given by:
Yes, they are both correct, there is some sort of conflict on U14 with desktop. I had it working on server version, then added the GUI and it stopped working (Networking stopped to be more specific). I could access using localhost only.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,894 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,652 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
Install guide wget over http? edavidf 5 9 ,437 12-15-2020, 07:07 PM