This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Forwarding e-mail
Forwarding e-mail
Hi there.

I just recently picked up Sentora and absolutely love it. It's easily the best open-source panel I've tried.

Everything actually went a lot smoother than I expected. The setup took <5 minutes and only required one command. All the DNS, mail, web, etc settings all worked out of the box with basically no changes needed.

Now, enough with the sugar-coating so I'm just going to get directly to my problem.

E-mail forwarding doesn't work.
I have no idea as to why, as both sending and receiving e-mail works perfectly well without any issues.
I've tried both the built-in forwarder and using the roundcube feature for filtering e-mails to redirect/copy to my gmail address.

It's not necessarily a huge problem, but I would really like to get notifications in my gmail when I get an e-mail from my personal domain.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

TL;DR Sending and receiving e-mails works, forwarding to another (gmail) address does not. Don't know why.
Thanks given by:
RE: Forwarding e-mail
You can also check other email accounts with gmail, and even send emails from gmail with your own domain name..

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: crhampus
Thanks, I will make sure to try that out, sounds like a perfect solution!

Although it still begs the question as to why mail forwarding doesn't work?
Thanks given by:
I was having the same issue a couple of months ago and I fixed it by enabling SRS support for my server.

Since I have spf enabled to improve deliverability, when an email gets received from gmail.com for example and your server tries to forward it to another gmail or a hotmail account or any other external domain... the domain arrives to the new destination as user1@gmail.com but since it goes out from your server which is not authorized to send using a gmail address... then the receiving end will most likely discard the message without telling you everything because it will consider it as spam or forfeited email.

With SRS enabled the same email will get forwarded with something like this: gmail.com+user1@yourserver.com
but the final user will not see that email unless they click on the "show source button on their email"... The email will be accepted by the final destination host because it appears to be sent from your domain where Sentora is installed, not a gmail yahoo, or any other domain.

This tutorial helped me fix it... I skipped the dkim part because I had already implemented it.

http://seasonofcode.com/posts/setting-up...stfix.html

Regards,
Heberth
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,249 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,240 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
E-mail quota limit danandrade 6 26 ,429 08-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Last Post: speeddemon786