This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cron Manager doesn't appear to be working in Sentora v1.0.0
RE: Cron Manager doesn't appear to be working in Sentora v1.0.0
Ah...THANK YOU! This explains things. Ahhh, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. And yes, I think the cron manager could definitely be improved by offering CURL/WGET functionality as well as the ability to specific the cron run times. Currently you have no way to specific the time of day to run the job. Also I have several websites on this server, so I like to space out the Drupal Cron jobs as they are somewhat CPU intensive for some of my websites, so I don't want them all running at the same time.

But I was trying to stick with using the control panel to do all tasks for this web server, but it seems it's not suitable for my needs.

Thank you for explaining and pointing me in the right direction.

For anyone that comes across this thread, I thought I would post how I ended up solving this in the end. Here is what I did.

1.) First remove all the Cron tasks I added to Cron manager from Sentora's control panel, no need to have them in there, as they won't work.
2.) While logged in as root into my web server I ran:
# crontab -e
3.) now the crontab file for root is open I added the following line to the end of the file:
0 2 * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.mysite.com/cron.php
4.) Save the file and now you're done.

Change the first 5 characters to suit your needs. This is setup to run every day of the year at 2am.
You can probably use Curl for even simplier code.
0 2 * * * curl -s http://www.mysite.com/cron.php

If you want to make sure it's working you can change the setting to * * * * * so that it runs every minute.

Then run

# tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep CRON

this will show you realtime results of what's being added to the log file. You should see your cron job running and your Drupal site should show that cron was refreshed within the last minute everytime you refresh the status page within Drupal.

Hope this helps someone!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cron Manager doesn't appear to be working in Sentora v1.0.0 - by americanninja - 04-13-2015, 12:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,105 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,205 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,655 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel