This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora Backup Doesn't Seem to Work
Sentora Backup Doesn't Seem to Work
I am a brand new user to Sentora and I just got everything finally setup and working with my 5 websites on Digital Ocean.

I am trying to now run a backup now that everything is setup but I can't seem to get it to work.

I click on the Backup section in the Advanced section and then click on the launch button.

A pop up window opens and just says this:

"Backup your hosting account files

Your data is ready to be backed up. This proccess can take a lot of time, depending on your directory size. When finished you will be prompted to download your archive.

Current public directory size:"

There is no button to click or anything. It seems a button and directory size should appear. Anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix it. 

P.s. I added an attachment of the screenshot of the window.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora Backup Doesn't Seem to Work
I must say that i already test it on ubuntu 14.04 and it works 100%
It backup also site folders and databases too. As default stored at /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/backups
Sure it depends how big file is and how long time it gets, but .... it works!!!
In my case for about 10 sites and 10 databases took about 4', not bad.
Thanks given by:
Notice MANUAL BACKUP don't work!
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thanks for posting replies guys. So am I experiencing something I shouldn't be? I can understand a backup having issues due to size or something when I am trying to run it, but in this case I am not actually getting a chance to even try to run it. The pop up window opens and only loads the information as shown in the screenshot. Now size appears and no backup button appears (which I assume should be displayed).

So I can't even start the backup.

I am using ubuntu 14.04 with DigitalOcean and I am using the latest Chrome browser.
Thanks given by:
Hi Me.B...what does your post mean?

The backup feature is no longer supported or supposed to work?

do I have some settings incorrectly setup on my server which is preventing the backup feature to operate properly?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Backup works daily. But you can set a backup manually to download it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(04-14-2015, 01:26 AM)Me.B Wrote: Backup works daily. But you can set a backup manually to download it.

M B

You say that manualy it does not work, but the you can set a backup manually? I am confused!

In the zpanel there was such a bug, but cant find it any more how to fix it!
Also the stats dos''t show up, that also was a issue of zpanel, but how to fix these 2 things?

Any ideas????
Thanks given by:
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this. So I never got this working, however Johnny09's comment just reminded me of this. Last week I upgrade Sentora from 1.0.0 to 1.0.3 and I just checked and it seems the backup feature is now WORKING. When I click the backup button, a window pops up and gives me a estimate of backup size and then I can click the backup button. It's processing right now, but I thought I would just post to say it appears to be working now. So if anyone is still having trouble with this, try upgrading to 1.0.3.

Btw, as for Me.B's post, I'm not sure what it means. There is no automatic backup that happens with Sentora that I can see. When looking in this folder /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/backups, there is nothing there, so I don't think any backups are happening daily or automatically.
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2016, 08:36 PM)americanninja Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this. So I never got this working, however Johnny09's comment just reminded me of this. Last week I upgrade Sentora from 1.0.0 to 1.0.3 and I just checked and it seems the backup feature is now WORKING. When I click the backup button, a window pops up and gives me a estimate of backup size and then I can click the backup button. It's processing right now, but I thought I would just post to say it appears to be working now. So if anyone is still having trouble with this, try upgrading to 1.0.3.

Btw, as for Me.B's post, I'm not sure what it means. There is no automatic backup that happens with Sentora that I can see. When looking in this folder /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/backups, there is nothing there, so I don't think any backups are happening daily or automatically.

Proof of that I have 1.0.3 version and running on centos 7, new fresh installation.... Huh

So you are saying that it works on Ubuntu 14 ?

Thanks given by:
(04-27-2016, 10:16 PM)johnny09 Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 08:36 PM)americanninja Wrote: Hi Guys,

Proof of that I have 1.0.3 version and running on centos 7, new fresh installation.... Huh

So you are saying that it works on Ubuntu 14 ?

Yes, it works on my Ubuntu 14 running 1.0.3. But what you are experiencing was what I had issues with before.

Not sure what causes that and I have no idea how my system just magically started working again. What are the permissions of the backup folder. /home/zadmin/backups

Try setting to 777 and then attempt to launch that backup window again and see if you see the backup button appear. It should look like the attachment I have posted here.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,034 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,172 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,600 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel