This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy]
RE: DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy]
(04-04-2015, 02:23 AM)TGates Wrote: This seems to work perfectly:

1. Log into GoDaddy
  2. Select your main domain
  3. Click on 'Settings' if not already open
  4. Scroll down to 'Host Names'
  5. Click 'Manage'
  6. Add Hostnames ns1 and ns2 both pointing to your server's public IP
  7. Save and wait a couple minutes
  8. Go to the Nameservers section (scroll up) Select 'Manage'
  9. Select 'Custom' radio button
  10. Click 'Add Nameserver'
  11. Add your ns1.maindomain.com and ns2.maindomain.com
  12. Also add your GoDaddy Nameservers and (ns##.domaincontrol.com)
  13. Save and wait a couple more minutes.
  14. Go to your addon domain settings
  15. Under Nameservers select 'Manage'
  16. Select 'Custom'
  17. Add your maindomain.com name servers
  18. Save and wait for propagation
This works my system, hopefully yours will too! Smile

Dear TGates...

This tut is for maindomain.com As I had already mentioned that I had done all this step for main domain.. (Except adding godaddy domain nameserver). my maindomain.com were using self nameserver host records... ns1.maindomain.com ns2.maindomain.com successfully.

But problem I was facing when I had to add a clientdomain.com using my custom maindomain.com nameserver. Eg: ns1.maindomain.com ns2.maindomain.com

This clientdomain.com also from godaddy. When I add this domain from client account. Also after changing ONLY godaddy nameserver for clientdomain.com with ns1.maindomain.com ns2.maindomain.com, My clientdomain.com doesn't start to resolve with maindomain.com DNS records. I had waited some days to test this. But still don't get resolve.

Have you tried it with a clientdomain.com now?. To point your clientdomain.com to your maindomain.com nameserver?. Without creating A/Cname/MX/AAA/ Zone Records for clientdomain.com. This should auto get maindomain.com Zone Records. Kindly let me know this result.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy] - by Good One - 04-04-2015, 05:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS MX record issue rsthomas 5 5 ,086 10-19-2022, 05:39 AM
Last Post: fearworks
managed-key permission issue Juan Pablo 15 34 ,406 04-10-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Juan Pablo
Issue accessing/pinging 2nd installed domain Fudnut 9 22 ,274 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Last Post: fearworks