This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy]
DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy]
Hi,

I am having issue on applying domain.com dns from sentora dns manager to another added domain name: example.com.

This is what I did:

1. Installed Sentora in cpanel.domain.com.

2. Added domain.com by add a new domain in sentora panel.

3. Sets A records and hostname for ns1 & ns2 pointing to sentora installed server ip for domain.com in Godaddy Zone Record

4. Created DNS Record for domain.com in Sentora panel.

5. Added example.com by add a new domain in sentora panel.

6. Changed nameserver for example.com to ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com in Godaddy.

But example.com dns not resolving from domain.com and I am not able to access it, error: server not found. Also there some multiple error in example.com now which is showing: http://goo.gl/XPjxby

How can I make it work so just by only entering nameserver I am able to point the domain to host?.

Someone kindly help

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy]
This doc may help you set it up properly: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

I'll make up a GoDaddy tutorial this week n how i have mine setup Wink
(Had one on ZPanel forums but those are gone)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(03-29-2015, 08:19 AM)TGates Wrote: This doc may help you set it up properly: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

Hi TGates,

I had followed that guide for adding up all records in Godaddy. Smile (Forgot to mention that)

But it's not working out for final step. when clients need to point their domains to my nameserver.

It would be really great if you could make it up how you made your setup Big Grin

Thanks... Will be looking forward to it!.
Thanks given by:
Same here. I use namecheap. And all records it configured. But it fail. I checked intodns.com and i see ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
The ones that did not respond are:
5.196.xx.xxx
Whats wrong?

PS: I added nameserver 8.8.8.8 and nameserver 8.8.4.4 line to etc/resolve.conf file. And problem is solved. But restarts this lines removed.
PS2: If ı not add this lines after every vps reboot, my vps doesnt have internet conneciton. Only incoming connection. Not outgoing connection. How i can solve this problem?
Thanks given by:
What happens when you point your browser to ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com? (You should see your panel login)

If that works, then you just need to point your clients to your nameservers and the Sentora DNS will do the rest.
(May take up to 24 hours)

Also, make sure you let Sentora create the default entries for the domain using the DNS Manager.

Thanks given by:
(03-30-2015, 01:41 AM)TGates Wrote: What happens when you point your browser to ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com? (You should see your panel login)

If that works, then you just need to point your clients to your nameservers and the Sentora DNS will do the rest.
(May take up to 24 hours)

Also, make sure you let Sentora create the default entries for the domain using the DNS Manager.

There is no problem now. dns is work eveything is nice. But if i not add 
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
lines to etc/resolv.conf not working. I add this lines but after vps reboot this lines removed i need to add again. If i resolv.conf file only readable this is negative effect on system or sentora?
Thanks given by:
(03-29-2015, 08:19 AM)TGates Wrote: This doc may help you set it up properly: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

(03-29-2015, 11:29 AM)Good One Wrote:

Hi TGates,

I had followed that guide for adding up all records in Godaddy. Smile  (Forgot to mention that)

But it's not working out for final step. when clients need to point their domains to my nameserver.

It would be really great if you could make it up how you made your setup Big Grin

Thanks... Will be looking forward to it!.

Hi [b]TGates,

[/b]Any updates regarding this? Smile
Thanks given by:
I haven't had a chance, but after reviewing the doc page mentioned, it is pretty much the same as my GoDaddy settings.
Since it is my main domain (including panel login) I add all my entries in GoDaddy and in the panel DNS (they are identical)-Not sure if this is needed, but everything works LOL

All other domains you add you can just point to your name servers and use the panel DNS.

The key is to add ns1 and ns2 (and ns3 if you want) as A records in GoDaddy for the main domain (pointing to your server IP). -Which is in the doc page

Also as an FYI: I am running on Windows, so there may be differences in how DNS works between the OS's Sad

I am working on a new CentOS server but have not tested that fully yet.
I'll try and make time tonight to fire it up and try a couple things.

Thanks given by:
Just tested on a VM of CentOS6.6 I have setup and it seems to work OK with same settings Huh 

Thanks given by:
(04-02-2015, 11:38 AM)TGates Wrote: I haven't had a chance, but after reviewing the doc page mentioned, it is pretty much the same as my GoDaddy settings.
Since it is my main domain (including panel login) I add all my entries in GoDaddy and in the panel DNS (they are identical)-Not sure if this is needed, but everything works LOL

All other domains you add you can just point to your name servers and use the panel DNS.

The key is to add ns1 and ns2 (and ns3 if you want) as A records in GoDaddy for the main domain (pointing to your server IP). -Which is in the doc page

Also as an FYI: I am running on Windows, so there may be differences in how DNS works between the OS's Sad

I am working on a new CentOS server but have not tested that fully yet.
I'll try and make time tonight to fire it up and try a couple things.

I tried following up your same step with doc page. And added all records in godaddy for maindomain.com and also for panel dns. Every records regarding main domain is pointing to server IP. Main domain actually working pretty fine but problem is occurring with client domain name.

When a client input ns1.maindomain.com ns2.maindomain.com in godaddy nameserver and try to replace default godaddy ns1.domaincontrol.com ns2.domaincontrol.com nameserver, Godaddy is telling that: "Invalid nameserver"
because it is not registered as global nameserver.. (something like that). Because I am using A record on main domain name as nameserver. And not as a hostname, where NS record also possible to be create, or actual nameserver (godaddy provide that with a extra price). I am not sure hows your working out then.....

Do you also create DNS record for client domain name after adding it up on panel?.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS MX record issue rsthomas 5 4 ,853 10-19-2022, 05:39 AM
Last Post: fearworks
managed-key permission issue Juan Pablo 15 33 ,642 04-10-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Juan Pablo
Issue accessing/pinging 2nd installed domain Fudnut 9 21 ,668 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Last Post: fearworks