This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora - General Security Warning ?
RE: Sentora - General Security Warning ?
(03-23-2015, 06:24 AM)Active8 Wrote:
(03-23-2015, 04:01 AM)KwiceroLTD Wrote: I'm willing to do a full code re-write for you, it'll take me a bit, on the guarantee it won't be converted back to shit-vulnerable code.

I'd like to see that... You're not the first to have said something along those line and guess what... two years later we're still waiting!!

Ultimately people need to start putting their money where the mouth is.... everyone around here seem to have the "solutions" but no one seems to implement them or take responsibility when they believe that they have the ultimate security implementation when in reality... yeah! - Even members of the existing team, Me.B and 5050 for example both have good ideas but are they implemented yet? - I fully understand that this version of Sentora needs a complete rewrite, it was never designed to work as a *NIX panel initially... the panel code (web teir) could use some massive improvements from a software development point of view and therefore that is why I have been writing a new version, of which benefits from unit testing, properly designed template engines and various other things that previously does not exist in Sentora but anyway some of the team members beleive that we don't need a new verison and simply cementing over the cracks in the existing version will do.... Personally I don't but hey, who am I anymore!

This project is open source - people should make complete (properly tested) pull requests and help fix the issues or, rightly so and as I've previously stated above... write a new version that is actually designed to work on *NIX rather than a hack-up of the original version designed for MS Windows to work with *NIX as I've posted in my post above.

Anyway, I've had enough of all of this shit, I have absolutely no problem is writing secure code, and yeah sometimes people make mistakes but you learn from them.... and it pisses me off to think that people are "mad at me" to think that I've only ever done what I believe was right and yeah ok, it may be my misunderstanding of all components (Linux security but yeah someone has still to explain to me why with the absence of system accounts the 777 is so bad given that we've already raised this as an issue and recommend against it as an interim solution??!!!) 

This is an open-source project - people should be helping rather than just slating the project and me in general.

I suggest that the remaining team members push their ideas and take this project to higher places... I'm personally out now, I've had enough and I'm sure that in the mean time all you haters will be like "yeah great, the security n00b has gone" but hey, lets see what happens next!

I wish you all the best with the project and honestly hope that you can find the time and determination that I no longer have to turn it into something much better.
Follow me on Twitter or find out more about me  at bobbyallen.me
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Sentora - General Security Warning ? - by Active8 - 03-19-2015, 02:06 AM
RE: Sentora - General Security Warning ? - by ballen - 03-23-2015, 10:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 585 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,450 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Can not access Sentora ThomasMoss 4 6 ,651 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM