This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ARM Compatibility
ARM Compatibility
Hello,
I'm looking into the possibility of setting up a Raspberry Pi 2 B (www.raspberrypi.org) and installing Sentora -- this device uses an ARM-based processor and I'm not clear on whether or not Sentora would support that. I suspect that with some fancy footwork it could be done, but I'd love to know whether anyone knows if it works out-of-the-box or if it would require some serious time to work through.

Thanks!
U1
Thanks given by:
RE: ARM Compatibility
It could work on raspberry if we have all the packages required:

apache/php/mysql/postfix/dovecot/bind and their dependecies.

We don't have time to sort out that for such low end config.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
There is an ubuntu version for the raspberry...

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Beside that my advice avoid it. Don't forget next updates could get it more complicated to work on such plateforms.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(03-18-2015, 04:55 AM)unusual1 Wrote: Hello,
I'm looking into the possibility of setting up a Raspberry Pi 2 B (www.raspberrypi.org) and installing Sentora -- this device uses an ARM-based processor and I'm not clear on whether or not Sentora would support that.  I suspect that with some fancy footwork it could be done, but I'd love to know whether anyone knows if it works out-of-the-box or if it would require some serious time to work through.

Thanks!
U1

I have Sentora up and running on my RPi2.  Added deb's for the pi to the install script.

Use the install command:
bash <(curl -L -Ss https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Rushal...install.sh)
Thanks given by: apinto , Me.B
Great work.

As Ubuntu is supported debian branch is not so complicated to implement.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Then I try use the script Rushal posted I got this:

Can anyone help me with that ?

I also have a RPi2

############################################################
# Welcome to the Official Sentora Installer 1.0.2 #
############################################################

Checking that minimal requirements are ok
Detected : Linux 3.18.11-v7+ armv7l
Sorry, this OS is not supported by Sentora.
Thanks given by:
The installer will detect your os and refuse to go further. It's not built for ARM.

You need to have very good knowledge of sysadmin to get it working.

We don't plan to support it.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(03-18-2015, 04:55 AM)unusual1 Wrote: Hello,
I'm looking into the possibility of setting up a Raspberry Pi 2 B (www.raspberrypi.org) and installing Sentora -- this device uses an ARM-based processor and I'm not clear on whether or not Sentora would support that.  I suspect that with some fancy footwork it could be done, but I'd love to know whether anyone knows if it works out-of-the-box or if it would require some serious time to work through.

Thanks!
U1

I was able to get this up and working 100% tonight using a RPi2, Ubuntu Server 14.04, and a 16GB MicroSD card.  Below is what i did.

- Download and install the Ubuntu Server 14.04 on your RPi 2 by following following ballen's blog post here (i didn't realize this was his site until AFTER i was done....two thumbs up to Bobby!!!).
http://blog.bobbyallen.me/2015/05/17/set...erry-pi-2/

- I manually uninstalled apparmor from the O.S. by following this guide:
http://www.techytalk.info/disable-and-re...ributions/
Once I uninstalled it, I then removed the two folders:
Code:
/etc/apparmor
and
Code:
/etc/apparmor.d

- I modified the install script and commented out the lines in the Ubuntu section where it modifies the source list; lines 395-401, 406 - 408, 413-415, 422-424, 426-428.  ****NOTE: I manually downloaded the script with wget and modified this using nano on the server.  Modifying it on my workstation in Notepad++ and then uploading it returned the result "File or Directory Not Found" regardless of what i tried. And yes, i did have it chmoded to be a script.  

In the script I also changed the "apt-get" sections and removed the -qq.  I like seeing the output on my screen while it is installing, updating, and/or removing items...just a personal preference.  Tongue

Hope this helps someone!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
php 7 compatibility for sentora elmoutakaf 15 40 ,778 04-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Last Post: blakethepatton