This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Email not sending to hotmail. Possibe to use SMTP?
Email not sending to hotmail. Possibe to use SMTP?
Hi,

when sending emails from sentora they are not getting to hotmail. I have sent hotmail an email to see why this is and they are saying my ip has no reputation so everything will be blocked. They advised me to join their junk mail program which i have done and still no joy.

My question is can i send emails through an SMTP server like hotmail or google so that i can avoid this?

Or does anyone have a solution to this?

I have seen under sentora admin i can set an SMTP server and i have done this but it is still not sending through the SMTP server.

Thanks,

Ryan
Thanks given by:
RE: Email not sending to hotmail. Possibe to use SMTP?
Yes, in order to send valid emails you need to use an SMTP relayer like gmail or your ISP. Just sending emails directly from your server will always go to spam or worse, be blocked or rejected.

(I use my ISP: smtp.comcast.net with my Comcast ID.)

You may be able to Google for your ISP or how to use gmail's (or another's) SMTP.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thank You. What settings do i need to change. Going to give it a go with hotmail.
Thanks given by:
To be able to send to hotmail/gmail you will need to have clean IP (not black listed) and correct DNS setup like Reverse & SPF records.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 05:13 PM)Me.B Wrote: To be able to send to hotmail/gmail you will need to have clean IP (not black listed) and correct DNS setup like Reverse & SPF records.

M B

Hi,

I have these things not blacklisted nothing and it still doesnt work. This is why i am thinking of using SMTP to send my emails instead of sending them through my own server.

Thanks,

Ryan
Thanks given by:
Anyone?
Thanks given by:
What do you want?

You can send thru hotmail or gmail but you will have to authentificate with their SMTP. A correctly setup SMTP will have no issues sending to hotmail/gmail.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(03-17-2015, 11:41 PM)Me.B Wrote: What do you want?

You can send thru hotmail or gmail but you will have to authentificate with their SMTP. A correctly setup SMTP will have no issues sending to hotmail/gmail.

M B

I have to disagree, It happened to me with Zpanel and now Again with Sentora, I have correctly setup the email server, generate DKIM keys, configure it with TLS, Reverse DNS lookup, Banner match etc. and hotmail wont even mark the mails as spam, it never arrived.

To start you have to fill a form , with your server settings using this link:

https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?produ...mts&scrx=1

If you're luckier than me, that would do it,but if not, they will simply answer you with the same prefilled email saying your server doesn't meet the requirements, but never told you wich ones, so take your guess.

They will also encourage you to join their spam programs and other useless shit, that I did too, and you will end where you started.

But again , feel free to try , I spend a week trying to make them tell me exactly which requirements I didn't meet with no luck.

Also you can use mx toolbox website to check your server for problems, http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx

Hope it helps.

Regards.
Thanks given by:
(03-18-2015, 08:18 PM)rekuen Wrote:
(03-17-2015, 11:41 PM)Me.B Wrote: What do you want?

M B

I have to disagree, It happened to me with Zpanel and now Again with Sentora, I have correctly setup the email server, generate DKIM keys, configure it with TLS, Reverse DNS lookup, Banner match etc. and hotmail wont even mark the mails as spam, it never arrived.

To start you have to fill a form , with your server settings using this link:

https://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?produ...mts&scrx=1

If you're luckier than me, that would do it,but if not, they will simply answer you with the same prefilled email saying your server doesn't meet the requirements, but never told you wich ones, so take your guess.

They will also encourage you to join their spam programs and other useless shit, that I did too, and you will end where you started.

But again , feel free to try , I spend a week trying to make them tell me exactly which requirements I didn't meet with no luck.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

You can disagree as you want, but I have many servers sending to hotmail without an issue, as long I do the right setup and keep them free of spam!

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Hi...

i have the seing problem this my history i hope this help u a little..

First i think that u can only send Mail from Sentora (correctly) using a Static IP, it means, having a VPS or dedicated internet conection with Static/Fixed IP.

If you are trying Sentora from your home internet (it's my case) connection with Dinamyc IP (changes when the router reboot for example), you will no able to send mails to outside (gmail, hotmail an any other mail servers out ou your Sentora Server), only in your self Sentora server.

WHY??. #####################################

In don't known xD, there are to much requisites to setup a working SMTP server on Sentora.

First place (its my case) the damn 25 port, all the time a get this on my mail.log:

Mar 18 21:42:57 ordenazteca postfix/smtp[3217]: connect to mx3.hotmail.com[65.55.37.104]:25: Connection timed out

because my ISP (i'm testing on my home), has blocked port 25 (i guess).

I has tried change the port 25 on the master.cf adding 587(submission) and 465(smtps):

smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
smtps inet n - - - - smtpd
submission inet n - n - - smtpd

but postfix still sending from 25 port:
Mar 18 21:42:57 ordenazteca postfix/smtp[3217]: connect to mx3.hotmail.com[65.55.37.104]:25: Connection timed out

SO, WHAT NEXT??. #####################################

I has tried use Gmail like relayhost, this WORKS fine BUT NO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, because when the mail arrives to the destinatary, the sending email account that appears is the gmail account, not the accout of your domain hosted in your Sentora Server.

If you whant to try relay host check this tutorial, i used it today to the relay config:

https://rtcamp.com/tutorials/linux/ubunt...mail-smtp/

It's my experience moment, so i'm a noob on this, hope somebody more experiment can help you.

Sorry for my bad english (no google traslated xD), grettings from México City, ciao.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,269 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
Email has stopped coming through rsthomas 3 3 ,881 06-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: fearworks
spammer email plateform sentora scram 8 13 ,957 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM
Last Post: 5050