This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
RE: Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
(03-09-2015, 12:28 AM)layman Wrote: Sentora is a great web hosting panel, but i fear it is developed by people that don't actually use one. If you ever use a control panel for providing web hosting accounts to clients you would see a different need than what any open source panel provides. Sentora is the closest yet, along with imscp and i really do like Sentora.
But it's let down by it's filemanager, this is the most basic requirement of any hosting control panel and after 10 years development I don't understand why no one's sorted out a decent filemanager?

I'm running a hosting company and my panel before sentora never had a descent file manager and no customer complained! They learned to use FTP my self I Do that.

ne2ftp upload size is easy to fix if you dig a bit.

Xbilling is a third party solution and works for many users.

You had started your post on the wrong side, we are eager to help. But what is the threat here? You drop sentora, a free open source panel we build for free? Because we unable to fulfill ALL YOUR REQUIREMENT? Sorry here but it's really beyond our scope. We do our best to help sentora users for free and keep working on sentora. The product doesn't fit your needs/requirement? We are sorry to hear that. You can still spend some time improve it! Build the missing modules or if you don't know how hire some dev to that. That's how open source works.

I really don't get the threat here!!!!!

Also saying people here don't know what is a panel!!! I used helm/plesk/cpanel and tested other competing panels and lot of devs arround been using other panel. From one side you say this is the closest best open source panel and the other side you say we don't know what is a f**** hosting panel!  Angry Angry Angry Angry

No one in the staff will apreciate such baseless statements... as you would better learn how to fix net2ftp upload limit that is beginners level for any sys admin/dev!

http://www.net2ftp.com/homepage/help-administrator.html

Quote:3) To allow large file uploads and transfers, you may have to change these settings:
  • in the file php.ini (directory C:\windows or /etc): upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, max_execution_time, memory_limit
  • in the file php.conf (directory /etc/httpd/conf.d): LimitRequestBody

10s google "change net2ftp upload limit" got me that!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp - by Me.B - 03-09-2015, 12:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,097 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,205 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,653 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel