This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ongoign issues with a clients website wanting to use my panel SSL certificate
ongoign issues with a clients website wanting to use my panel SSL certificate
Hey guys,

I am literally at my wits end here. Sentora is a great product but I am getting very frustrated with it.

I have a client site on their account database is setup and working site is uploaded to its directory. it is a subdomain. Now when I come to load the site which has the A record for the subdomain pointing to the server which sentora is on it is attempting to use the panel certificate which has nothing to do wiht this particular domain.

I have checked double checked my steps that I followed in another forum post to get SSL working for the panel and its doing as it should when wanting to login to sentora its forcing https to be used as per the instructions i followed in this other guide. I even did a reinstall of the entire server and reconfigured everything as per the SSL forum post detailed steps.

I am completely lost as to what is causing a client site to want to use https when it does not even have an SSL certificate.

Can someone please guide me as to what I am doing wrong.
Thanks given by:
RE: ongoign issues with a clients website wanting to use my panel SSL certificate
which tutorial you followed?

do you have other domains setup? It's like the domain is not configured. Can you check vhots config that the domain is there?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: ongoign issues with a clients website wanting to use my panel SSL certificate
(03-06-2015, 08:58 PM)Me.B Wrote: which tutorial you followed?

do you have other domains setup? It's like the domain is not configured. Can you check vhots config that the domain is there?

M B

I followed this tutorial http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1039 to setup the SSL for the panel.

The vhost is for this subdomain is there. the main domain web site has not been setup yet on sentora. This is the first client on this system and I have not migrated my own sites to sentora yet.
Thanks given by:
Do I need to have a site running on the main domain before I can run a site on just a subdomain?

This current client site has the main domain setup on sentora but no website running on it only website is a subdomain for the given domain.
Thanks given by:
Any updates as to how to go about resolving this strange issue?
Thanks given by:
Post your config files here for apache so we understand your setup.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
In regards to apache configuration I did not make any custom vhost changes.

1) created user and respective package
2) shadowed the account and setup the domain as well as the subdomain
2a) currently the clients main domain is not in use on but its setup on sentora
3) uploaded the db and website files to the public html directory for the subdomain
4) out of the box it wants to use the SSL certificate i setup for use by the panel.
Thanks given by:
Up to you, if you expect help post config files that how I can help.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(04-07-2015, 03:59 AM)Me.B Wrote: Up to you, if you expect help post config files that how I can help.

M B

Where can i find the config file of apache for the particular domain and subdomain?
Thanks given by:
the whole apache config files are /etc/sentora/configs/apache

both config files there.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Split Website log files. spoonman 1 3 ,322 01-01-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: TGates
https without certificate redirects to panel iraqiboy90 10 19 ,501 02-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,697 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1