This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora on Digital Ocean
Sentora on Digital Ocean
OK. I created a Digital Ocean droplet, installed Centos7, installed Sentora 1.0.0 released version. Everything went smoothly. I have pointed my hosting domain to the DO Droplet, and I can login to the control panel, upload stuff to my hosting website. Still no problems.

But this is my first time to run my hosting on anything other than CPanel. I'm trying to add domains which I want to be hosted on Sentora. But I just cannot seem to get my head around how to do this, 1) at My Registrar, and 2) on Sentora and/or DO.

So, my questions are
1) What should I point my domains to at my Registrar? Just point them to the NS1/NS2 of my hosting domain?
2) How do I setup a domain in Sentora which is hosted by my main domain? Which I can then ftp stuff up to and it will resolve.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora on Digital Ocean
What? Nobody using Digital Ocean?
Thanks given by:
1)This is one way of how to set up nameservers for single IP (Which you set at your registrar for your main hosting domain): http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95
2)Add your main hosting domain inside Sentora's Domain Manger, then create the default records using the DNS Manager.
-Do NOT add your control panel login subdomain! (It is already setup automatically 'behind the scenes' in the httpd-vhosts.conf file)
2b)Create and FTP account with full access to your main domain's folder.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
If you use your registrar DNS or DO dns no need to do any DNS setup within sentora.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 11:22 PM)Me.B Wrote: If you use your registrar DNS or DO dns no need to do any DNS setup within sentora.

M B

Then explain how, that's what the OP is looking for Tongue
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Just create all dns records with registrar or do dns (indeed ensure you point the domaine to those name servers). Then create your domain and no need to duplicate the dns within sentora as dns resolution will rely on do or registrar.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Ok. This is what I've done.

1) I created NS1/NS2 nameservers at my registrar for my host domain pointing to my Digital Ocean IP address.
2) I pointed my hosted domain to my host domain NS1/NS2 servers
3) In My DNS Manager I have 2 domains, my host domain and my hosted domain both with the automatically created records (I had not created any records for my hosted domain when I first posted for help). My host domain has content and resolves. After creating these records for my hosted domain. It too now resolves. Problem solved.

Is this the "standard" way to handle this, or is there a better or recommended way to handle this setting up of a hosted domain
Thanks given by:
This is standard way same if you use your registrad DNS servers or DO DNS servers. If you have a small droplet it's better you disable bind servers and use then DO DNS servers.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
@stub, let me know if that work for you.
I solve my problem almost with a different way.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 05:26 PM)Me.B Wrote: This is standard way same if you use your registrad DNS servers or DO DNS servers. If you have a small droplet it's better you disable bind servers and use then DO DNS servers.

M B
OR, do just make sure i dont set these up in the DNS

How do you disable bind and DNS as stated in http://docs.sentora.org/?node=52
I have my registrar nameservers set up to point to my VPS , and now want to disable these functions. Ubuntu 14.04

OR, do i just add the domain under "Domains" tab and ignore the DNS Manager sub panel ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,052 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,186 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,619 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel