This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

managed-key permission issue
RE: managed-key permission issue
(04-09-2019, 03:10 AM)Juan Pablo Wrote: I access to Sentora control Panel by  domain but can do by ip too, in this case: http://administrador.peninsulardehoteles.info/ 

the domain http://peninsulardehoteles.info/ it shows perfect i even set and example web page to see if it show and works normaly

It looks like your server is OK and the correct ports are open for DNS and apache, but your domain adharagrill.mx does not seem to have nameservers set correctly so whatever your DNS setup is for that domain, it needs correcting.

Keith.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2019, 03:30 AM)fearworks Wrote: It looks like your server is OK and the correct ports are open for DNS and apache, but your domain adharagrill.mx does not seem to have nameservers set correctly so whatever your DNS setup is for that domain, it needs correcting.

Keith.

Sorry for the dumb question but i have a provider who gave me the ip for the server and 2 NS

ip: 187.188.176.225

ns3.totalplay.com.mx
(187.190.119.2)
ns5.totalplay.com.mx
(187.190.241.2)

its suppose that this ns resolve to my ip right? becasue the domain that resolve to my sentora control panel http://administrador.peninsulardehoteles.info/  it has another the nameserver of the page i bought the domain but it has the A record pointing to my ip address so i assume that why it shows the control panel, but when i try to use the nameserver of the provider that gave me the ip to the server in this case the totalplay ns it shows the error, so must be a missconfiguration as you mentioned by them?  or it could be by the fortinet that we are using?

I hope i could explain it good
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2019, 04:38 AM)Juan Pablo Wrote: Sorry for the dumb question but i have a provider who gave me the ip for the server and 2 NS

ip: 187.188.176.225

ns3.totalplay.com.mx
(187.190.119.2)
ns5.totalplay.com.mx
(187.190.241.2)

its suppose that this ns resolve to my ip right? becasue the domain that resolve to my sentora control panel http://administrador.peninsulardehoteles.info/  it has another the nameserver of the page i bought the domain but it has the A record pointing to my ip address so i assume that why it shows the control panel, but when i try to use the nameserver of the provider that gave me the ip to the server in this case the totalplay ns it shows the error, so must be a missconfiguration as you mentioned by them?  or it could be by the fortinet that we are using?

I hope i could explain it good

You should probably go back to your provider and check with them. The nameservers they have given you don't seem to have any records for your domain, which is why nothing shows when you visit the domain.

None of this is connected to your own server's BIND DNS service as you don't seem to be setting it up to use your server... is that correct? You're using external DNS for the domain?

Keith
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2019, 05:09 AM)fearworks Wrote: You should probably go back to your provider and check with them. The nameservers they have given you don't seem to have any records for your domain, which is why nothing shows when you visit the domain.

None of this is connected to your own server's BIND DNS service as you don't seem to be setting it up to use your server... is that correct? You're using external DNS for the domain?

Keith

My provider gave me these:

Ip: 187.188.176.225 -> this one is what i used to install sentora 

ns3.totalplay.com.mx
(187.190.119.2)
ns5.totalplay.com.mx
(187.190.241.2)

But the domain that i used to configure on sentora is peninsulardehoteles.info and the configuration its like this:

[Image: ns_peninsular.png]

[Image: config_peninsular.png]

I believe thats why it shows the page, that why i was referring when the record A was pointing to the ip server

But when i added the new domain http://alhena.com.mx/ the config its like this:

[Image: ns_alhena.png]
[Image: dns_alhena.png]

[Image: nss_alhena.png]
But i think as you said that the ns.totalplay.mx dont resolve or have any records to the domain must be the main issue why the page throws dns issues.

Or if im doing a bad config can you let me know. Thanks
Thanks given by:
First thing: I have been talking about the domain adharagrill.mx, but you have now started talking about a different domain alhena.com.mx. Are these meant to be the same or different? It's very difficult to help when the discussion changes like this.

Second: For your first domain you have set external nameservers and also set up the DNS records via an external provider - I can tell it isn't Sentora from the screeenshots. However, the second domain - whichever one we are talking about - you have set external nameservers but then from the screenshots it looks like you have configured the DNS records within Sentora. If the nameservers are part of an external service, then you need to set the DNS records there too, not in Sentora. The only way the records in Sentora will be used is if your nameservers point to your Sentora server.

So go into whatever system your nameserver records point to (totalplay.com.mx or whatever it is) and set up the DNS records for adharagrill.mx/alhena.com.mx there, not in Sentora.

Keith.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2019, 05:36 PM)fearworks Wrote: First thing: I have been talking about the domain adharagrill.mx, but you have now started talking about a different domain alhena.com.mx. Are these meant to be the same or different? It's very difficult to help when the discussion changes like this.

Second: For your first domain you have set external nameservers and also set up the DNS records via an external provider - I can tell it isn't Sentora from the screeenshots. However, the second domain - whichever one we are talking about - you have set external nameservers but then from the screenshots it looks like you have configured the DNS records within Sentora. If the nameservers are part of an external service, then you need to set the DNS records there too, not in Sentora. The only way the records in Sentora will be used is if your nameservers point to your Sentora server.

So go into whatever system your nameserver records point to (totalplay.com.mx or whatever it is) and set up the DNS records for adharagrill.mx/alhena.com.mx there, not in Sentora.

Keith.

I apologize you are right we where talking about adharagrill.mx but i wanted to know if did a bad config on dns with the ns.totalplay.mx so i tried to replicate the dns config of peninsulardehoteles.info that was the page that shows and it was succesfull, so as you said there a bad config with the dns of totalplay, that why i tried with another domain, in this case alhena.com.mx i tried to set this time the ns of totalplay correct but i didnt success, i will try what you just suggest leaving the ns of alhena.com.mx on sentora and in the dns of the domain set it to dns of totalplay wich its supouse they pointing to the ip of the server.

Thanks for your help will let you know what happend.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS MX record issue rsthomas 5 4 ,853 10-19-2022, 05:39 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Issue accessing/pinging 2nd installed domain Fudnut 9 21 ,669 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Last Post: fearworks
Cloudflare issue with sentora testing 3 10 ,403 11-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Me.B