This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SPF Check
SPF Check
Hi my friends.....

Please I would like to know how can I configure in my Sentora, what postfix or my server, check spf record from all my ingoing mails to avoid a lot of ingoing spam... please may you to help me?????

Thanks...
Thanks given by:
RE: SPF Check
(01-24-2019, 08:10 AM)cfreire Wrote: Hi my friends.....

Please I would like to know how can I configure in my Sentora, what postfix or my server, check spf record from all my ingoing mails to avoid a lot of ingoing spam... please may you to help me?????

Thanks...

I will post my steps for installing SPF, but please note that I use CentOS 7 and this might not work for other OS systems, and that I haven't tested these steps as I present them here (I also install other things at the same time as I set up SPF checks) so perhaps try them on a test server first Smile

Install the SPF Policy Daemon:

Code:
yum install pypolicyd-spf

Edit the Postfix master.cf file:

Code:
vi /etc/sentora/configs/postfix/master.cf

At the end of this file, add:

Code:
policy-spf      unix    -       n       n       -       -       spawn
  user=nobody argv=/usr/libexec/postfix/policyd-spf

and save the changes.

Edit the Postfix main.cf file:

Code:
vi /etc/sentora/configs/postfix/main.cf

Cursor down to the smtpd_recipient_restrictions value and find the line:

Code:
reject_unauth_destination,

Right after this line, add a new line with this:

Code:
check_policy_service unix:private/policy-spf,

Now go to the end of this same file and add:

Code:
policy-spf_time_limit = 3600s

and save the changes.

Restart Postfix:

Code:
systemctl start postfix

I forget where I got this info from as I have my own notes for setting up servers etc. and I just extracted the above from these notes, but I think it might have been here: https://zurgl.com/how-to-configure-spf-in-postfix/

Let us know how you get on.

Keith.
Thanks given by:
RE: SPF Check
(01-24-2019, 08:45 AM)fearworks Wrote: I will post my steps for installing SPF, but please note that I use CentOS 7 and this might not work for other OS systems, and that I haven't tested these steps as I present them here (I also install other things at the same time as I set up SPF checks) so perhaps try them on a test server first Smile

Install the SPF Policy Daemon:

Code:
yum install pypolicyd-spf

Edit the Postfix master.cf file:

Code:
vi /etc/sentora/configs/postfix/master.cf

At the end of this file, add:

Code:
policy-spf      unix    -       n       n       -       -       spawn
  user=nobody argv=/usr/libexec/postfix/policyd-spf

and save the changes.

Edit the Postfix main.cf file:

Code:
vi /etc/sentora/configs/postfix/main.cf

Cursor down to the smtpd_recipient_restrictions value and find the line:

Code:
reject_unauth_destination,

Right after this line, add a new line with this:

Code:
check_policy_service unix:private/policy-spf,

Now go to the end of this same file and add:

Code:
policy-spf_time_limit = 3600s

and save the changes.

Restart Postfix:

Code:
systemctl start postfix

I forget where I got this info from as I have my own notes for setting up servers etc. and I just extracted the above from these notes, but I think it might have been here: https://zurgl.com/how-to-configure-spf-in-postfix/

Let us know how you get on.

Keith.

Excellent my friend, I have installed this complement and I ll probe it these days... I ll say you any novelty... Thanks, regards.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
The mcrypt extension is missing. Please check your PHP configuration. CJsent 41 90 ,566 11-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Last Post: CJsent
How to check if cron from cronjob manager runs correctly? Sync 3 9 ,360 01-08-2016, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Me.B