This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

sub-domain issue
RE: sub-domain issue
(12-18-2018, 08:51 PM)kevwebbie Wrote: Hi Keith,
Yes, I tried to create a new home directory. Also, I believe this is the installation script I used for it:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sentor...install.sh

I may have changed a line or two around the "this operating system is not supported" area in order to get it installed on Debian Jessie but I can't remember. I usually document all of my installs, especially when I'm doing something new, but I think I was in a hurry on this one for whatever reason.

Also, the server is using php5.6 as the Apps on the server are built in that version. I haven't moved up to php7 just yet.

Ok well Sentora isn't supported on PHP 7 yet so that's good Smile

That is the latest install script, not the official release, and it still has some bugs and issues from what I remember. I'll have a play around with Debian Jessie and see if I have the same issues - but I might not get onto it straight away so give me a couple of weeks - unless someone else can help you out quicker Smile

Keith
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2018, 12:10 AM)fearworks Wrote: Ok well Sentora isn't supported on PHP 7 yet so that's good Smile

That is the latest install script, not the official release, and it still has some bugs and issues from what I remember. I'll have a play around with Debian Jessie and see if I have the same issues - but I might not get onto it straight away so give me a couple of weeks - unless someone else can help you out quicker Smile

Keith

Not Debian Jessie... I mean version 9 (Stretch?). I think you did too a couple of messages ago?

Keith.
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2018, 11:06 AM)fearworks Wrote: Not Debian Jessie... I mean version 9 (Stretch?). I think you did too a couple of messages ago?

Keith.

I am not able to get Sentora to install on Debian 9, even with a few tweaks to get past the "not supported on this OS" message at the start. The packages or repositories must just not be correct for this version. I'm not able to spend loads of time looking into making it work on Debian 9 as that's not my field, so I'd say we can only continue diagnosing this is you are using a supported OS, of which Debian 9 is not one of them.

It's possible that you could get it working and the sub-domain PHP code just needs a tweak somewhere, so have you tried making the modification to the $badname variable you spoke about in your first post?

It might be a case of it being a lot easier to diagnose and fix with access to the server but it would be your choice whether you wanted to let me do this or not, otherwise I'm stuck at not being able to recreate your setup... Sad

Keith.
Thanks given by:
Hi Keith. Thanks for the reply. It is actually Debian 8 (Jessie) I have it installed on. I couldn't install on Debian Stretch either. I know Debian Stretch installs PHP7 as standard so one would have to roll back to PHP5.6 to use Sentora on it.

I was going to modify the $badname variable but I wanted to run it by the experts before I started messing around with it. I will take a look and see what I can do.
Thanks given by:
(12-21-2018, 12:16 AM)kevwebbie Wrote: Hi Keith. Thanks for the reply. It is actually Debian 8 (Jessie) I have it installed on. I couldn't install on Debian Stretch either. I know Debian Stretch installs PHP7 as standard so one would have to roll back to PHP5.6 to use Sentora on it.

I was going to modify the $badname variable but I wanted to run it by the experts before I started messing around with it. I will take a look and see what I can do.

Ah, ok. Just trying to catch me out, eh? Wink

I will have another go on Debian 8 then. I abandoned it during my test install as I suddenly remembered we'd started the discussion mentioning Debian 9 and all that jazz...

Keith.
Thanks given by:
Lol, no, I wasn't trying to catch you out. I must have got mixed up as I use Debian Stretch on my desktop.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,026 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Old issue on Daily Backup iraqiboy90 24 111 ,737 12-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: conglynina
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,297 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates