This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

I can receive, but not send email.
I can receive, but not send email.
Good day to you all,

I have tried nearly everything from every different website I can find, none resolve my issue.
I have the latest version of Sentora installed, I have created an email account and am able to receive mail through roundcube webmail.

I however send mail and it shows as sent successfully and drops it into the sent box, but upon checking mail logs and it shows as timed out and not sent, no matter what email I send to. Here's the latest: 

Code:
Oct 21 13:30:41 login postfix/smtp[17110]: 77CB23C12D5: to=<x17andrew71x@gmail.com>,
relay=none, delay=162982, delays=162890/0.06/93/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred
(connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.192.26]:25: Connection timed out)

Sometimes I will instead of get Timed out, it will show Network unreachable:
Code:
Oct 21 13:30:12 login postfix/smtp[17107]: 81AF93C16AB: to=<x17andrew71x@gmail.com>,
relay=none, delay=73057, delays=72994/0.05/63/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred
(connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:400d:c00::1a]:25: Network is unreachable)

I've tried changing the sentora config on my panel to send through every different option and with or without smtp, etc. I have followed tutorial after tutorial as well on changing the port it is support to use.
When I do this though, i try sending new mail and it still attempts to send it through port 25. no matter what i change it to, the log says :25 every time.

Please help me get this cleared up. I will be glad to provide any other information necessary.
I've opened 25, 587, 2525, etc on my router and through Iptables.
- Andrew

Edit:
Here is the latest, full mail log from the start of me logging into webmail through sending the message and it trying to reach gmail:

Code:
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/smtpd[18002]: connect from localhost[::1]
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/smtpd[18002]: 8AF9C3C16E9: client=localhost[::1], sasl_method=LOGIN, sasl_username=support@vestraweb.com
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/cleanup[18007]: 8AF9C3C16E9: message-id=<01768e1a9eb1727ce6a5f086c978a5a7@vestraweb.com>
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/qmgr[17785]: 8AF9C3C16E9: from=<support@vestraweb.com>, size=1048, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/smtpd[18002]: disconnect from localhost[::1]
Oct 21 14:04:23 login postfix/qmgr[17785]: C7F2B3C16CB: from=<support@vestraweb.com>, size=1048, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 21 14:04:46 login postfix/smtp[18008]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.180.27]:25: Connection timed out
Oct 21 14:04:46 login postfix/smtp[18008]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4003:c0b::1b]:25: Network is unreachable
Oct 21 14:04:54 login postfix/smtp[18021]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.180.27]:25: Connection timed out
Oct 21 14:04:54 login postfix/smtp[18021]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4003:c0b::1b]:25: Network is unreachable
Oct 21 14:04:54 login postfix/smtp[18021]: connect to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4002:c03::1a]:25: Network is unreachable
Thanks given by:
RE: I can receive, but not send email.
(10-22-2018, 03:59 AM)x17Andrew71x Wrote: Good day to you all,

I have tried nearly everything from every different website I can find, none resolve my issue.
I have the latest version of Sentora installed, I have created an email account and am able to receive mail through roundcube webmail.

I however send mail and it shows as sent successfully and drops it into the sent box, but upon checking mail logs and it shows as timed out and not sent, no matter what email I send to. Here's the latest: 

Code:
Oct 21 13:30:41 login postfix/smtp[17110]: 77CB23C12D5: to=<x17andrew71x@gmail.com>,
relay=none, delay=162982, delays=162890/0.06/93/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred
(connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.192.26]:25: Connection timed out)

Sometimes I will instead of get Timed out, it will show Network unreachable:
Code:
Oct 21 13:30:12 login postfix/smtp[17107]: 81AF93C16AB: to=<x17andrew71x@gmail.com>,
relay=none, delay=73057, delays=72994/0.05/63/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred
(connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:400d:c00::1a]:25: Network is unreachable)

I've tried changing the sentora config on my panel to send through every different option and with or without smtp, etc. I have followed tutorial after tutorial as well on changing the port it is support to use.
When I do this though, i try sending new mail and it still attempts to send it through port 25. no matter what i change it to, the log says :25 every time.

Please help me get this cleared up. I will be glad to provide any other information necessary.
I've opened 25, 587, 2525, etc on my router and through Iptables.
- Andrew

Edit:
Here is the latest, full mail log from the start of me logging into webmail through sending the message and it trying to reach gmail:

Code:
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/smtpd[18002]: connect from localhost[::1]
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/smtpd[18002]: 8AF9C3C16E9: client=localhost[::1], sasl_method=LOGIN, sasl_username=support@vestraweb.com
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/cleanup[18007]: 8AF9C3C16E9: message-id=<01768e1a9eb1727ce6a5f086c978a5a7@vestraweb.com>
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/qmgr[17785]: 8AF9C3C16E9: from=<support@vestraweb.com>, size=1048, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 21 14:04:13 login postfix/smtpd[18002]: disconnect from localhost[::1]
Oct 21 14:04:23 login postfix/qmgr[17785]: C7F2B3C16CB: from=<support@vestraweb.com>, size=1048, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Oct 21 14:04:46 login postfix/smtp[18008]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.180.27]:25: Connection timed out
Oct 21 14:04:46 login postfix/smtp[18008]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4003:c0b::1b]:25: Network is unreachable
Oct 21 14:04:54 login postfix/smtp[18021]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[64.233.180.27]:25: Connection timed out
Oct 21 14:04:54 login postfix/smtp[18021]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4003:c0b::1b]:25: Network is unreachable
Oct 21 14:04:54 login postfix/smtp[18021]: connect to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2607:f8b0:4002:c03::1a]:25: Network is unreachable

Are you able to receive incoming mail from an external account (i.e. one that's not on your server), or have you only tested with other internal accounts?

You seem to be sending emails from a @vestraweb.com address, but I cannot see that this domain has any MX records set up. I don't think this is the cause of your problem, but this will lead to many other problems and I cannot understand why you would be sending from this domain but not have any MX records?

I think the most likely explanation is that port 25 is blocked on your server. You may have it open in your firewall, but that would have no effect if your ISP or server hosting company block port 25.

Without knowing the IP of your server, it's tricky to guess as to what the issue is. If you want to send it to me in a PM then I would be happy to take a look and work out what is going on.

Keith.

Edit: OK, I see an MX record now so maybe you are busy trying things out, or maybe I checked the wrong address. That's good, but as I said I don't think that's why you are having the problems you've had.
Thanks given by:
(10-22-2018, 05:21 AM)fearworks Wrote: Are you able to receive incoming mail from an external account (i.e. one that's not on your server), or have you only tested with other internal accounts?

You seem to be sending emails from a @vestraweb.com address, but I cannot see that this domain has any MX records set up. I don't think this is the cause of your problem, but this will lead to many other problems and I cannot understand why you would be sending from this domain but not have any MX records?

I think the most likely explanation is that port 25 is blocked on your server. You may have it open in your firewall, but that would have no effect if your ISP or server hosting company block port 25.

Without knowing the IP of your server, it's tricky to guess as to what the issue is. If you want to send it to me in a PM then I would be happy to take a look and work out what is going on.

Keith.

Edit: OK, I see an MX record now so maybe you are busy trying things out, or maybe I checked the wrong address. That's good, but as I said I don't think that's why you are having the problems you've had.

Yes I am able to receive mail externally, i tried it from a few different external addresses. They all receive fine.

VestraWeb is my domain, i use login.vestraweb.com for the panel and I haven't set up any MX entries yet.
I'm new to email hosting and it is definitely not my area of expertise. I didn't think I had to have any set up.
What's the quickest and easiest way to set it up. Hosting the domain at GoDaddy.

I just got off of chat with ISP and they said they aren't blocking 25 and I also have 25 forwarded through my router.
So It would have to be something with the Server itself.

I am not great with IPTables, but I am pretty sure I have it opened...
Maybe I did it wrong.

How can I check to ensure that the port is properly managed through the server?

So I just ran nmap:

Code:
Nmap scan report for 47.201.243.105
Host is up (0.0036s latency).
Not shown: 991 closed ports
PORT      STATE    SERVICE
21/tcp    open     ftp
22/tcp    filtered ssh
53/tcp    open     domain
80/tcp    filtered http
111/tcp   filtered rpcbind
143/tcp   open     imap
587/tcp   open     submission
5000/tcp  open     upnp
50000/tcp open     ibm-db2

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.50 seconds

It doesn't show 25 as open.
Even though I've opened it like 10 different times.

I'll try again though...

EDIT:
I've tried: sudo ufw allow 25
I've tried: sudo iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --sport 25 -j ACCEPT

nmap -p25 localhost shows:

Nmap scan report for localhost (127.0.0.1)
Host is up (0.00024s latency).
Other addresses for localhost (not scanned): 127.0.0.1
PORT   STATE  SERVICE
25/tcp closed smtp

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.31 seconds

Why is it still blocked?
Thanks given by:
Code:
587/tcp   open     submission

Are you sure you haven't configured postfix to submit only over port 587?

Check your postfix configuration has:
[/etc/sentora/configs/postfix/master.cf]
Code:
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

smtp service type is likely the first line of services

If you add the service, restart postfix and try again.

If that doesnt resolve your issue, I also noticed the domain you provided, vestraweb.com, is refusing to connect at port 80/443 for login or www subdomains. Are you sure you have your gateway/firewall configured properly?

Try stopping the iptables/apparmour service and restarting postfix/dovecot to rule out firewall issues.

Use telnet to check
Code:
telnet localhost 25

Try using ports 25 and 587; replacing localhost with your server IP and public IP
If telnet responds without error then the port is open and responding.
Thanks given by:
An update to this issue, I am not sure what the problem actually was.
However I had to perform a fresh install of Ubuntu and Sentora for something and now my port opens properly.

My ISP lied, they say they don't block port 25, however I have since confirmed that they do. Unless you have their business account, then they don't.

I have a new issue now though that I am trying to resolve.
Trying to get to webmail it now says: 

Quote:"DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
Unable to connect to the database!"

If I wanted to use something besides the webmail, would I be able? Like insert the info into my phone or outlook or some other program to send/receive that way? Or do we have to use the webmail?

- x17Andrew71x
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2018, 01:55 AM)x17Andrew71x Wrote: An update to this issue, I am not sure what the problem actually was.
However I had to perform a fresh install of Ubuntu and Sentora for something and now my port opens properly.

My ISP lied, they say they don't block port 25, however I have since confirmed that they do. Unless you have their business account, then they don't.

I have a new issue now though that I am trying to resolve.
Trying to get to webmail it now says: 

If I wanted to use something besides the webmail, would I be able? Like insert the info into my phone or outlook or some other program to send/receive that way? Or do we have to use the webmail?

- x17Andrew71x

Yes, you can use a phone or a tablet or a client on another computer, like Outlook, Thunderbird etc., but the very fact that you get an error with a fresh installation suggests something is very wrong. There shouldn't be a database connection error on a fresh Sentora install, unless you have mis-configured it during install or you have changed some settings, or something else if wrong.

It's something you should get sorted!

Keith
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2018, 01:59 AM)fearworks Wrote: Yes, you can use a phone or a tablet or a client on another computer, like Outlook, Thunderbird etc., but the very fact that you get an error with a fresh installation suggests something is very wrong. There shouldn't be a database connection error on a fresh Sentora install, unless you have mis-configured it during install or you have changed some settings, or something else if wrong.

It's something you should get sorted!

Keith

I was messing with another email system and I feel it messed it up.
I can log into phpmyadmin and see the sentora roundcube database
but roundcube isnt connecting to it.
Where does roundcube store the default user/password for the database?
I can't seem to find it?

-A

Here's what my roundcube errorlog says:

Quote:[29-Oct-2018 12:20:51 -0400]: DB Error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 158 (GET /etc/apps/webmail/)

[29-Oct-2018 12:20:51 -0400]: DB Error: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (GET /etc/apps/webmail/)

About to look at line 158 of that rcube_db.php
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2018, 02:19 AM)x17Andrew71x Wrote: I was messing with another email system and I feel it messed it up.
I can log into phpmyadmin and see the sentora roundcube database
but roundcube isnt connecting to it.
Where does roundcube store the default user/password for the database?
I can't seem to find it?

-A

Here's what my roundcube errorlog says:

About to look at line 158 of that rcube_db.php

I don't think line 158 of that PHP file will help. It works for everyone else so you are looking at a config error of some sort.

The Roundcube config file is here (on CentOS 7 - may be in a different location on other OS versions):

Code:
/etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/roundcube_config.inc.php

BUT there is also a symbolic link to this file here, which MUST still link to the file above:

Code:
/etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/config/config.inc.php

if you have done anything to break this link, like trying to upgrade Roundcube without knowing what you're doing, or anything else, and this symbolic link has been removed, this will cause all sorts of problems down the line.

So edit the first file I mentioned above, not the second one (because the second one isn't really a file, just a shortcut back to the first file!). The username and password Roundcube uses are near the top.

If you have been messing with another email system, you might want to consider reinstalling Sentora from scratch again, and not messing with anything - a fresh installation should always work from my experience. If you need to add things or upgrade things or change things, this is usually when things start to go wrong and you really have to know what you are doing - or ask for help, or pay someone to do it for you!!

Keith.
Thanks given by:
So I got the database issue resolved, /etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/roundcube_config.inc.php
The password in here somehow got changed. When I reset it, it never took the change.

I restarted the following services: mysql, apache2, dovecot, postfix and it still persisted with the issue.
Would there have been a different service or method that should have been done to get it to take the change?

I ended up having to restart the server. Then it now connects to db! Big Grin Now to test if the email actually works or not.

-x17

So previously when i launch webmail it would give error because of DB issue, now it shows login.
But when I try to log in it sits there for awhile thinking and eventually fails. Says login failed.

Here's the error log:
Quote:[29-Oct-2018 14:24:02 -0400]: IMAP Error: Login failed for support@vestraweb.com from 192.168.1.11. AUTHENTICATE PLAIN: Temporary authentication failure. [login.vestraweb.com:2018-10-29 18:24:02] in /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /etc/apps/webmail/?_task=login?_task=login&_action=login)
Temp auth failure? Imap error?
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2018, 03:58 AM)x17Andrew71x Wrote: So I got the database issue resolved, /etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/roundcube_config.inc.php
The password in here somehow got changed. When I reset it, it never took the change.

I restarted the following services: mysql, apache2, dovecot, postfix and it still persisted with the issue.
Would there have been a different service or method that should have been done to get it to take the change?

I ended up having to restart the server. Then it now connects to db! Big Grin Now to test if the email actually works or not.

-x17

So previously when i launch webmail it would give error because of DB issue, now it shows login.
But when I try to log in it sits there for awhile thinking and eventually fails. Says login failed.

Here's the error log:
Temp auth failure? Imap error?

I really think you have messed stuff up! Why not just start with a fresh install again? But this time work from the default installation, making sure that everything works. Then, as you add, update or change things, you can check to see which change has screwed everything up and revert it (hopefully!). I honestly think this is a more straight forward solution than chasing one error that then leads to another and another.

Keith
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,754 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
Why can i not send emails from my site phabeon8 3 6 ,459 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Webmail Send / Receive works but Outlook doesn't | Digital Ocean dipakcg 12 34 ,104 04-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90