This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Can't install Dolphin if using Sentora - ZPanel
[Not Solved] Can't install Dolphin if using Sentora - ZPanel
I've come up with this error which has been documented before:
Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/bin/php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/sentora/hostdata/okgurls/public_html/okg:/var/sentora/temp/) in /var/sentora/hostdata/okgurls/public_html/okg/install/index.php(1171) : runtime-created function on line 2
Before you tell me to disable open_basedir, it's not enabled in PHP.INI or HTTPD.CONF.
I found on the digitalocean site that the problem is with Sentora. It seems it won't allow anything to be written to a TMP file. The file must be named TEMP. The writer said "Just change the script". There are two instances of TMP in Install/index.php, but changing them to temp makes no difference. I'm sure there are other issues.
Has anyone been successful installing Dolphin with Sendora or Zpanel and are you willing help me and others?
See my other post on Softaculous.
Thanks given by:
[Not Solved] RE: Can't install Dolphin if using Sentora - ZPanel
(10-10-2018, 06:31 PM)Catherine123 Wrote: I've come up with this error which has been documented before:
Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/bin/php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/sentora/hostdata/okgurls/public_html/okg:/var/sentora/temp/) in /var/sentora/hostdata/okgurls/public_html/okg/install/index.php(1171) : runtime-created function on line 2
Before you tell me to disable open_basedir, it's not enabled in PHP.INI or HTTPD.CONF.
I found on the digitalocean site that the problem is with Sentora. It seems it won't allow anything to be written to a TMP file. The file must be named TEMP. The writer said "Just change the script". There are two instances of TMP in Install/index.php, but changing them to temp makes no difference. I'm sure there are other issues.
Has anyone been successful installing Dolphin with Sendora or Zpanel and are you willing help me and others?
See my other post on Softaculous.

Hi,

I assume that you have direct access to the Sentora Control Panel to change settings etc.?

If so, then great. Go to ADMIN > MODULE ADMIN and under the "Administration Modules" section, click "Apache Config".

Scroll to the bottom and in the "Override a Virtual Host Setting" section, select the host that needs open_basedir switching off, and click "Select Vhost".

On the new page that loads, untick "OpenBase Enabled" and click "Save Vhost".

Give your server 5-10 minutes for the daemon to run and update the necessary files, and try your site now.

open_basedir is set in the apache vhost config file, not in php.ini or httpd.conf, and can be disabled per vhost as you have done by following the above instructions.

However, please note that this weakens the security of the server. If you are the only person who has access to this server and this particular vhost, then you will probably be safe, but disabling the open_basedir is not recommended and you do so at your own risk.

Keith.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[split] uninstall zpanel mikefoust 0 458 01-25-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: mikefoust
zpanel theme reset CDill 6 5,804 01-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Last Post: mahabub99
ZPanel can't resolve CNAME entries jmar83 3 1,375 09-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: jmar83