This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Gmail marking email from Sentora as SPAM
Gmail marking email from Sentora as SPAM
Hello Sentora,

Just a heads up from someone who just created a forum account. Gmail is marking email from Sentora as SPAM b/c it is saying that it's "in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines".

I don't know if it's something with the way your auto-response when registering a new account is set up, or if it's something within the way MyBB is designed, but I just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else isn't aware about it or doesn't think to check their SPAM folder...

- Edward
Thanks given by:
RE: Gmail marking email from Sentora as SPAM
Not true... It's related IP you use and your setup.

I tested so many times on clean installs emails sending to my gmail and no issues even with badly configured emails ( no SPF, no DKIM ).

You need to fix your IP reverse & setup may be SPF, check if IP is blacklisted too.

Why this error? Are you trying to send thru Gmail SMTP?? Explain more?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 12:36 AM)Me.B Wrote: Not true... It's related IP you use and your setup.

I tested so many times on clean installs emails sending to my gmail and no issues even with badly configured emails ( no SPF, no DKIM ).

You need to fix your IP reverse & setup may be SPF, check if IP is blacklisted too.

Why this error? Are you trying to send thru Gmail SMTP?? Explain more?

M B

I'm not sending anything - it's what I RECEIVED from Sentora. I think you're confusing what I said...

The initial auto-responding email I received from "info@sentora.org" to complete the forum registration was marked as SPAM by gmail. This has nothing to do with IP reverse or anything being "blacklisted" on my end - this is about the email from Sentora to my gmail account.  It was just a simple warning from gmail at the top of the email that I received from "info@sentora.org" telling me,

"Why is this message in Spam? It is in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines."

Followed by a link to "learn more" about why they are marking the email as spam.

Now, if it was marked as spam b/c of settings on my end, it would NOT have bothered with the warning message, it would have just dumped it into my spam folder and that's it.  However, I've never set spam settings of any kind for this email account - actually, this is the first time I've ever seen anything in the spam folder for this email account! - which is why I'm pointing this out to you guys @ Sentora.

I hope that explanation clears up the confusion a bit...

- Edward
Thanks given by:
He's talking about the Sentora Forums buddy. We already know this and are trying to get it sorted out. Only Gmail is having this issue Sad

We do have a notice on the signup page for users to check their spam folder, but not many people read things when they signup for something (Or install something) - We notice this a LOT around here LOL
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
errrrrrrrrrrrrr........... Grrr Was not my day...

Tom that error is totally strange I will check again MX settings or try a fake registration to see.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?acti...n=toolpage

Should change SPF to include sentora.org as valid sender not neutral.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Ok, PM me what the SPF/TXT record should be and I'll update it on Godaddy. Currently it is showing 2 records Huh 
We also use Bobby's mail server for relaying...
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Why not sending directly?
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Hello everybody. I also received the welcome email on my spam folder with the same error of violation of terms.

I checked and indeed the problem is that the sentora forum is not setup with spf nor dkim.
You need to have at least one of them to comply with gmail. If you have them both is much better.

for spf just add or edit a txt record in godaddy and input this as target:
v=spf1 a mx ip6:2001:41d0:52:a00::dd6 includeConfusedentora.org ~all

I got sentoras sending IPv 6 from the source code on the email I got.

Also for ipv6 sending you need to add a reverse dns pointing to sentora.org for the IP 2001:41d0:52:a00::dd6

Check it out... google says it officially:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8...entication

Hope it helps,
Heberth
Thanks given by: TGates
ballen 5050
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 579 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Forum SSL && Email problems republicus 1 1 ,293 02-22-2023, 08:14 AM
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,431 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM