This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unable to install Sentora into Ubuntu 14.04
RE: Unable to install Sentora into Ubuntu 14.04
(02-07-2015, 04:34 AM)zHostingSolutions Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 04:16 AM)TGates Wrote: WOW Big red letters! Big Grin LOL

Just run the bash script, that is how we designed the installer to be run, any other way is not supported. (Except for the wget version explained in the Docs: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=22)

Ok. Thanks. I'll try it and let y'all know if it worked.

Oh, yeah, the other reason I like Ubuntu 14.04 besides just the security of being able to actually lock the Root account is that I can switch between operating systems without having to press Delete and enter the bios settings.

Ok.

So, earlier, I reinstalled Ubuntu 14.04 and did the directions in http://docs.sentora.org/?node=22. Since, I had a hard time with the curl bash, I used the directions with "sudo -i" and it seemed to work, because I was able to get to the end. However, before it asked me to restart my computer, it disabled and removed AppArmor and I though that everything was fine. But when I attempted to they Y for yes, AppArmor caused my computer to freeze and I couldn't type anything and had to reinstall Ubuntu 12.04.

Now, after reinstalling Ubuntu 12.04, I used a command I found on the internet to remove AppArmor, which worked. Once I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04, I ran the same command to make sure AppArmor was nowhere to be found on my Ubuntu installation, which, it wasn't, so, I figured that Sentora would install this time.

When, I used the bash command for Sentora, it attempted to disable and remove AppArmor, which, is nowhere to be found since I removed it, but Sentora still attempted to remove it anyway. I read that AppArmor is some kind of security thing for Ubuntu that disables some programs not to be installed, and maybe, that's why everytime Sentora tries to install, it has to attempt to disable and remove AppArmor; it, at least tries to in Ubuntu 14.04. For some reason, I have no problem with AppArmor when installing Sentora in Ubuntu 12.04, just Ubuntu 14.04.

Does anyone know how to get around Ubuntu 14.04's AppArmor, so, I can install Sentora smoothly. Now, I like Sentora just like I liked zPanel and I think y'all are doing a great job for a free panel, so, I'm NOT coming down on y'all Big Grin .

Or, what Operating System are y'all using to run sentora.org? Because, I know that since y'all make the server, y'all must be using it. Also, is it just as easy to install and work with like Ubuntu? Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to install Sentora into Ubuntu 14.04 - by zHostingSolutions - 02-07-2015, 01:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to install older sentora with older mysql version atomiq 0 4 ,539 11-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: atomiq
Migrate from ZPanel to Sentora chongma 26 69 ,844 04-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Me.B
Can i upgrade ZPanel 10.1.1 with Sentora upgrade script? Ron-e 77 243 ,857 09-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Last Post: kandrews