This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Create Default DNS Records on Domain Add
Create Default DNS Records on Domain Add
Is there a way to automatically provision default DNS records when a domain is added to an account?
Not sure why the decision was made to go in and add them in a completely different section.
If nothing else, perhaps add a button next to the provisioning success message asking if you'd like to create default DNS entries?

Or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that I haven't set for this functionality?
Thanks given by:
RE: Create Default DNS Records on Domain Add
Currently there is not auto provision BUT we might think about it.

ballen would be an option in domain setup or package?
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
At the moment you will be able to configure this in the database.

I do not recommend making this change.

sentora_core >>> x_dns_create
Thanks given by:
Yea, I'm not looking to enter custom variables in the database.

As I mentioned, I think adding the option, or even a link after a person add's the domain to create those default entries would be helpful for individuals who are accustomed to other Panels doing that for them.

It's not terribly inconvenient for me, but I'm just thinking about others.
Thanks given by:
The reason why it is not there now is because we do not want to make one module rely on another module to work. (In this case they are 2 separate modules) But to add a check 'if the module is enabled > show the create defaults button' would not be all that tough to do. Post it as a feature request on Github Smile
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,026 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,297 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,055 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather