This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PHP version changer
PHP version changer
Hi Guys,

is exist any php changer for sentora control panel for clients? Or if you have any experience with any modul php script.

Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: PHP version changer
None currently a changer is more complicated than a php upgrades.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I have been looking into this with the help of a friend hosting on another panel that allows php changing. Will take some time to sort through how they do it. And to figure out if it is even possible for Sentora.

This is not an easy task as each php version needs to be compiled with suhosin and other mods.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Cpanel use their own php building system called easy PHP.

Changing php by upgrading / downgrading packages is the easiest here and mean you will hold only one release in system. But could cause a lot of conflicts as you will no more use OS vendor packages, so would require to maintain a lot more beyon the basic control panel that we have here.

The other solution compiling multiple PHP like using phpfarm:

https://github.com/cweiske/phpfarm

Would be great as you can get an inifinite releases of php without breaking the original OS packages and even have different php builds running side by side. The main issue is compiling the PHP with full extensions same as we use ( having IMAP for webmail), would require some maintenance & updates in case of security issue instead of relying on OS vendor ( but remain less than managing packages ). But again the big issue is how apache is using php currently we need to change it to support fastCGI and remain secure. Still not done.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2016, 08:46 PM)Me.B Wrote: Cpanel use their own php building system called easy PHP.

Changing php by upgrading / downgrading packages is the easiest here and mean you will hold only one release in system. But could cause a lot of conflicts as you will no more use OS vendor packages, so would require to maintain a lot more beyon the basic control panel that we have here.

The other solution compiling multiple PHP like using phpfarm:

https://github.com/cweiske/phpfarm

Would be great as you can get an inifinite releases of php without breaking the original OS packages and even have different php builds running side by side. The main issue is compiling the PHP with full extensions same as we use ( having IMAP for webmail), would require some maintenance & updates in case of security issue instead of relying on OS vendor ( but remain less than managing packages ). But again the big issue is how apache is using php currently we need to change it to support fastCGI and remain secure. Still not done.

M B

Nice i designed little administration for clients on Sentora login. Look on this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Theo This is up And Running now

all tests are good

[attachment=394]

Thanks given by: apinto , Kyrluckechuck
(02-05-2016, 02:01 AM)ccr1969 Wrote: Theo This is up And Running now

all tests are good
Looks Great!
Any GitHub Repo so we can test?
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 08:41 AM)apinto Wrote:

all tests are good
Looks Great!

no repo this a work in progress i run Apache 2.4.17 and Php 5.6.15 by default right now i can run four different Php versions side by side 3 have suhosion on php 7 not yet but working on that as theres no released php7Suhosin source code yet to my knowledge but 5.4 and 5.5 and 5.6 all good
This requires mod_fcgid.so and quite a bit of understanding so maybe in the future but not yet
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 10:19 AM)ccr1969 Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 08:41 AM)apinto Wrote:

all tests are good
Looks Great!

no repo this a work in progress i run Apache 2.4.17 and Php 5.6.15 by  default right now i can run four different Php versions side by side 3 have suhosion on php 7 not yet but working on that as theres no released php7 source code yet to my knowledge but 5.4 and 5.5 and 5.6 all good
This requires mod_fcgid.so and quite a bit of understanding so maybe in the future but not yet

Hi ccr1969.
can you tell us the steps that you did,
we need php version changer or at least update php version to 5.6

thanks
Thanks given by:
Not sure this is secure. And each php must be patched using suhosin.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PHP version changer ccr1969 30 43 ,814 06-17-2021, 11:06 AM
Last Post: ccr1969
Sentastico MediaWiki Requires Newer Version of PHP? dsmarter 1 5 ,319 08-19-2017, 03:45 AM
Last Post: TGates
How to install Select PHP Version cangkirhost 5 30 ,340 11-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Last Post: cangkirhost