This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

suhosin alternatives
RE: suhosin alternatives
BTW, if it matters any, while not supported by any of the developers, I have been using php5.6.29 for some time and have had zero issues with it. I would also not reccomend php7 for anything but a personal machine as there still are major compatibility issues with gobs of server side software (likely could be some issues with SENTORA too; ask around...)

I was going to write a 3,000 page guide on how to install SENTORA with php5.6.29, ffmpeg, ffmpeg-php, imagick and a handful of other extras, but won't likely do so until someone here gives me the go ahead. My servers must have newly compiled codecs and such for my purposes, that is why I updated php even though the development team does not endorse it. There is a whole lot of work that goes into making the change done right and I have run into no issues now that I have the procdure and requirements down 100%.

Might I suggest if you want to play around with something as new as php7 perhaps to spin up a vagrant box virtual machine so that you can break it over and over again until it suits you. I have hundreds of hours of learning in my setup... (I only use CentOS for a handful of reasons) yet many people get along with Ubuntu, but you would have to figure out how to translate any guide or comments I might make if you are not using CentOS.

Also, FYI CentOS 6.8 is much more compatible with everything than 7 has become yet. Many dependencies have yet to be upgraded for CentOS 7 - and get used to compiling much of what you do. I will add that if you require things like ffmpeg, ffmpeg-php and the like in any combination on your machines, from countless hours I can tell you that to be able to compile ffmpeg and especially to get the php extension to work with daily build new stuff, even the php that ships for CentOS 7 is not new enough. The minimum (and in my opinion) the maximum for php, SENTORA and lots of shared libraies and compiling, nothing later or earlier than php56 will get you there. It takes some hours to install especially since I am compiling codecs and such, and can tell you if it takes 20 hours to set up a fresh safe server in CentOS 6.8, expect about ten fold that for CentOS 7. - Unless of course I write a 6,000 page guide to doing that!

Douglas
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
suhosin alternatives - by Douglasgomes - 01-06-2017, 12:31 PM
RE: suhosin alternatives - by worksmarter - 01-06-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: suhosin alternatives - by worksmarter - 01-06-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: suhosin alternatives - by Me.B - 01-06-2017, 11:53 PM
RE: suhosin alternatives - by worksmarter - 01-07-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: suhosin alternatives - by Me.B - 01-17-2017, 11:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x? worksmarter 16 39 ,846 07-28-2019, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Time to give up on Suhosin? aaronlroberts 2 6 ,180 05-11-2019, 08:31 AM
Last Post: aaronlroberts
Can I remove suhosin on non sharing sentora vps? maximus___ 1 4 ,005 04-17-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Me.B