This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to Upgrade to Mysql 5.6.0+ safely?
How to Upgrade to Mysql 5.6.0+ safely?
Hi fellow Sentora users, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm not all that comfortable with messing around with my perfectly working system, but I have a software (Magento) that wants Mysql 5.6.0 to install on my server.

I have Sentora running on my server and things are working fine for now. I believe I'm on version 1.0 (however, I have no idea how to tell, can someone tell me where this is listed in the control panel?) I see the notice to upgrade to 1.0.3, but I can't see a running version number listed anywhere.

Currently, Mysql is version 5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.

So my question is, how can I upgrade this safely without breaking Sentora. Can I just run the Ubuntu apt-get command to upgrade mysql to the latest version or will this break Sentora and how it manages my server. Is there a way to upgrade Mysql within the Sentora control panel itself?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
How to Upgrade to Mysql 5.6.0+ safely? - by americanninja - 02-09-2016, 01:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,953 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,695 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator
MySQL remote access... pixelbat 11 38 ,162 05-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: upendra.sahu1990@gmail.com