This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Help...MYSQL crashing once per day
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day
Does Sentora have such a feature? It seems this is common with cpanel. I would think this would be something we should have as part of core Sentora...

Such a feature already exists within cPanel * WHM.

Documentation: Service Manager

Simply go to: WHM -> Service Manager

Then, make sure both "Enabled" and "Monitor" are checked for "mysql". This will instruct cPanel's chkservd mechanism (which runs onc per 5 minutes) to check on the status of MySQL and restart as necessary. If a restart is necessary, it will also email you about it if you have your email contact setup in WHM for the server.

However, if MySQL is crashing/unavailable that often that you're specifically asking for an auto-restart script, I would be more inclined to suggest you identify the cause of the outages. Applying a bandaid fix by auto-restarting MySQL is fine for the short-term, but you'll want to find out why MySQL is crashing in the first place so that you can prevent that from happening.

What does the MySQL log say during the time of the crash?

Feel free to open a ticket (see my signature for links) if you'd like assistance in attempting to identify the cause of MySQL crashing on your server.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by Me.B - 05-02-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by americanninja - 05-02-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by Me.B - 05-03-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by Me.B - 05-03-2015, 02:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 5 ,012 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,759 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator
MySQL remote access... pixelbat 11 38 ,419 05-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Last Post: upendra.sahu1990@gmail.com