This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Help...MYSQL crashing once per day
Help...MYSQL crashing once per day
So I have had Sentora running on a new server I created through digitalOcean for about 2 months now. I recently moved from shared web hosting on GoDaddy using cpanel.

All was working well up until recently. Basically, it seems about every 1-2 days mysql crashes on my server. I will notice it when I try to open one of my websites and I will see the Drupal server connection error page. This is very bad obviously, as I don't notice the site being down until I check it, which means it can be done for several hours with me knowing (any idea how to get notified of when the mysql server is down? Maybe some cron job I can run to run a .sh script to check if Mysql is actively running?)

A simply service mysql restart command fixes the situation. So basically I know that my issue is mysql is crashing.

root@panel:~# service mysql restart
stop: Unknown instance:
mysql start/running, process 10715
root@panel:~#

I am hoping someone here can help me figure out why mysql is crashing and how I can prevent it. My guess is it's a memory error, such as the server is running out of available memory. But why is that crashing Mysql, shouldn't the site just become less responsive? I don't understand why it's bringing the service down. Is this normal?

Thank you for any help you can all provide?
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by americanninja - 05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by Me.B - 05-02-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by Me.B - 05-03-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: Help...MYSQL crashing once per day - by Me.B - 05-03-2015, 02:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,961 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,699 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator