This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to add password reset option in roundcube
RE: How to add password reset option in roundcube
I was also having problems getting roundcube to successfully implement the password plugin - as other users here were reporting.

I'll post my resolution here and note that my install in 2018 is for the latest stable roundcube version 1.3.8.
MODS: If you re-open the original thread I'd be glad to repost my resolution there so we arent asking why people aren't searching the forums first..

The problem may be related to some inconsistencies as provided in file paths/names as well as the values in the plugin config.

1. The first step instructs you to modify the file /etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/main.inc.php
Note: My CentOS 7 server has the file located at: /etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/roundcube_config.inc.php
The fix remains the same however:

Find:
Code:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');

Replace with:
Code:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve','password');

The second step instructs you to modify the file /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/plugins/password/config.inc.php
NOTE: My CentOS 7 server did not have this file. The directory did contain a file similar config.inc.php.dist

I believe this is the main problem.
First we need to create the missing file.

2. Copy the distribution version of the config:
Code:
cd /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/plugins/password/
cp config.inc.php.dist config.inc.php

Now we need to modify the plugin config. You may notice the provided resolutions are inconsistent with your config file and from one another. (Eg: $rcmail_config['password_driver'] = 'sql'; vs $config['password_driver'] = 'sql'Wink
NOTE: For my CentOS 7 server the plugin config calls all of the variables $config[...] (omitting rcmail). I did try a mix of both, and one or the other. Both, either, or a mix all appear to work. My suggestion is then use what your existing config file calls it. Having said this, that means the most important part is copying the config file as listed above.

3. Edit the plugin config variables in /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/plugins/password/config.inc.php
Code:
$config['password_driver'] = 'sql';
$config['password_confirm_current'] = true;
$config['password_minimum_length'] = 0;           #<- or set to minimum password length
$config['password_require_nonalpha'] = false;     #<- set to true to only allow more complex passwords
$config['password_log'] = false;

// SQL Driver options
$config['password_db_dsn'] = 'mysql://postfix:<<insert your real pasword here>>@localhost/sentora_postfix';
$config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE mailbox SET password=%D WHERE username=%u';
$config['password_idn_ascii'] = false;
$config['password_dovecotpw'] = '/usr/bin/doveadm pw';
$config['password_dovecotpw_method'] = 'PLAIN-MD5';
$config['password_dovecotpw_with_method'] = true;
NOTE: postfix mysql user password can be found in /root/passwords.txt as needed above for $config['password_db_dsn']
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to add password reset option in roundcube - by republicus - 10-30-2018, 01:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to upgrade RoundCube rajeevrrs 0 1 ,771 11-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: rajeevrrs
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,287 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Increase maximum size on import files (roundcube) dimnas 1 10 ,798 02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Last Post: TGates