This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
Sentora is a great web hosting panel, but i fear it is developed by people that don't actually use one. If you ever use a control panel for providing web hosting accounts to clients you would see a different need than what any open source panel provides. Sentora is the closest yet, along with imscp and i really do like Sentora.
But it's let down by it's filemanager, this is the most basic requirement of any hosting control panel and after 10 years development I don't understand why no one's sorted out a decent filemanager?

Net2ftp is the best but restricts upload size and you need to log into it, I'm not sure why because other control panels that use net2ftp allow you direct access, i.e click filemanager and you're directly into your directory.
xtplorer looked promising but you can't delete multiple files nor chmod multiple files, nor move back and forth witrhin directories.
monstftp is great for uploading large files, but that's it. You can't do anything else with it.
So my clients would need to use a combination of three file managers to do the job of one.

But anyway, that's beside the point. My main issue is that I need my clients to be able to..welll...sign up...and all I've got is xbilling which simply doesn't work, and no one here is able or willing to assist.
So a control panel with no way of allowing users to sign up is simply no good to be, no matter how much I would love to keep Sentora.
So, here goes..last attempt for help, but please read and understand the problem, don't make assumptions: There is no config file for xbilling, and yes i do know that there is a link for it in my control panel, but that link does not give me a config file. It gives me a blank page. That's all.
When I click 'download config file' I get taken to a page on my server: http://mydomain/?module=xbilling&action=FetchConfig
And that's just a blank page.
I've just got recommended to several people on forums and need to be able to provide a sign up form, I'm currently losing customers, so if anyone could please give me a config file today i would really much appreciate it. If not, then my choice is lose customers or delete sentora and use imsp instead.
Please guys, I really like sentora and don't want to have to give up on it.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp - by layman - 03-09-2015, 12:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 3 ,064 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,187 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,626 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel