This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Autodetect Server Settings
Autodetect Server Settings
Hi,
Just wondering if there is a way to define the settings for the mail, to get autodetected in Mail Clients like Outlook?

Thanks.
When in doubt, visit the Forum...
Thanks given by:
RE: Autodetect Server Settings
It can be done using advanced DNS tricks:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...figuration
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: QuakeMedia
Autoconfig in two steps:
- Make config-v1.1xml file on your server using this example https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs...rmat/HowTo
Important: file have to be accessible by url address.
- Add to domain DNS zone TXT record "mailconf=url-to-directory-with-config-file".
Important: TXT record have to add to the same name as MX.
Example: if your mx is mail.domain.com then add txt to mail, if mx is domain.com then add record to domain.com.
Thanks given by:
It can be done using advanced DNS tricks:
[Image: 1434725316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i made some time ago a module to make Outlook autodiscover
Code:
zppy repo add repo.alio.dk
zppy update
zppy install Autodiscover
it is just a wizard to make t easy for me to make the XML file Smile
Sentora 1.0.3 on [Image: DO_Logo_Horizontal_Blue-3db19536.png]

-= Github =-  -= My Repo =-

My Modules
Thanks given by: bluephantom

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,146 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
How to configure mail server? Como configurar servidor de email? natansousa1992 1 4 ,978 05-30-2018, 05:05 PM
Last Post: TGates
How to trasnfer mails from one server to another dimnas 1 4 ,778 02-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Me.B